This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm really surprised that Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions isn't on Steam

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm really surprised that Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions isn't on Steam

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
1 month ago#21
young_flip posted...
I've always wanted to play the first one. but is it better than A2?

The sequels of Final fantasy tactics should not be even mentioned next to the first one, as they are like ugly duckling, that no one wants.
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.

User Info: oblique365

oblique365
1 month ago#22
Fantastic emulation passion burning love so strong. Just use the fft complete patch on the psx version. The text looks fine. Plus if you have already played fft 100s of times, its fun to mess around with the editor. You can edit anything you want in the game and create any job.
i5 4590, Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A mobo, 8gb ram, samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd, Wd blue 1tb Hdd, Evga 500w psu, Corsair carbide spec01 case, Msi gtx 1060 6gb

User Info: zxxcman

zxxcman
1 month ago#23
Not as surprising that first two mainline games not being available on steam. Basically the rest of the mainline is either on or confirmed to be coming soon, save for XII. I was hoping FF1, 2 and Tactics would make it to Steam this year, but alas, no such luck.
I used to have a good signature, then I got modded for it.
Now I shall try to think of something edgier to put here.

User Info: AsucaHayashi

AsucaHayashi
1 month ago#24
playing them again as an adult, i realize just how f***ing slow paced those games are(FFT/FM).

you could practically spend hours on one single battle which easily stretches to a whole day/evening if you lose which you will.

simply don't have that kind of time anymore.
Not being able to land shoryuken consistently on one method of input as opposed to another is a matter of preference - zedzilla
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg

User Info: Ivalice_VKP

Ivalice_VKP
1 month ago#25
AsucaHayashi posted...
playing them again as an adult, i realize just how f***ing slow paced those games are(FFT/FM).

you could practically spend hours on one single battle which easily stretches to a whole day/evening if you lose which you will.

Yeah, I completely understand. I've beaten FFT so many times as a kid that when I go back now, I end up using Gameshark codes to just get through the battles and refresh on the epic story.
Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Waiting On: Shenmue III

User Info: KaiRyusaki

KaiRyusaki
1 month ago#26
Give them time, I'm sure they're still in the process of porting every FF game ever. They gotta do 1+2 first before they start resorting to spin-offs

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
1 month ago#27
You can play it various ways on PC, but being on steam would be more convenient. I find it strange so many quality rpgs are released on android and not ported to pc/steam.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: shmirlywhirl

shmirlywhirl
1 month ago#28
Why does FFTA get so much hate? Yeah the story was garbage but I thought the gameplay was just fine. A2 on the other hand was a bit toof much for me.
Now with 100% real fruit juice

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
1 month ago#29
shmirlywhirl posted...
Why does FFTA get so much hate? Yeah the story was garbage but I thought the gameplay was just fine. A2 on the other hand was a bit toof much for me.

FFTA was fine, but FFTA2 was a steaming pile of disappointment.

Bleu_Skie posted...
You can play it various ways on PC, but being on steam would be more convenient. I find it strange so many quality rpgs are released on android and not ported to pc/steam.

Because Square Enix has zero quality control and doesn't care about the western market.

Play a game like the PC port of FFV or FFVIII and then play Trails in the Sky or Trails of Cold Steel.
Judge, Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. | http://hwbot.org/user/secretdragoon/
You're a regular Jack Kerouac

User Info: Chaos_Missile

Chaos_Missile
1 month ago#30
AsucaHayashi posted...

To be fair though, that's the norm with turn-based tactical games.

In games like XCOM and Valkyrie Connect 2, I can spend at least an hour just on one mission.

Then we have the "One More Turn" stories of Civilization...
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm really surprised that Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions isn't on Steam

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived