This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Racing games worth it without a steering wheel?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Racing games worth it without a steering wheel?

User Info: Oakland510_

Oakland510_
1 month ago#1
I used to have a wheel along time ago on PS3 and played Gran Turismo but not any more. Only have controller now

User Info: EvilGiygas

EvilGiygas
1 month ago#2
I love me some racing games and I've owned several steering wheel setups. I always just ended up using a game pad in the end. Wheels are fun but it's just too much, IMO, to use it all the time.
i7 7700K|EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Edition|Corsair Vengeance 16GB|960 EVO 1TB|850 EVO 1TB|840 EVO 500GB|EVGA G3 750w|NZXT H440|ASUS SWIFT PG278Q 27"

User Info: shmirlywhirl

shmirlywhirl
1 month ago#3
I like arcadey racers just fine. But the sims I've tried with controllers just feel not that great.
Now with 100% real fruit juice

User Info: kingking

kingking
1 month ago#4
I play forza games with controller, but I use wheel with GT, project cars, drive club.
i am rabbit

User Info: darkhouse999

darkhouse999
1 month ago#5
Most will be okay with a controller, a wheel is usually nicer but if you don't have the room or the money a controller will be okay.
current PC, https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PKKv2R

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
1 month ago#6
Grid
Grid Autosport
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit
Burnout Paradise

All work great with controller. I'm sure there's more that do too.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: OUberLord

OUberLord
1 month ago#7
Wheels are arguably the best but they take up a bunch of space, usually require some level of setup/teardown, and obviously only really work well with racing games. As such, while I have a great wheel and pedal set I more often than not just use my old Xbox 360 controller instead. Unless you really want the immersion angle, and I totally get that, a controller will likely be fine for 95% of racing games.

User Info: wantfastcars

wantfastcars
1 month ago#8
GRIP is designed with a controller in mind, rather than a wheel. It's Early Access but it's really good.
Now Playing: GG Xrd Rev 2, GRIP, Redout
Now, let's count up your sins! | Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DrPtkT

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
1 month ago#9
I enjoy driving games with a controller just fine, I don't play any sims though, just arcade racers and mission-y things that might sometimes have a race
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: R0N1N187

R0N1N187
1 month ago#10
Dont bother getting a racing wheel if you cant get the full setup (triple monitors, racing seat, racing wheel, pedals, etc).
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Racing games worth it without a steering wheel?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived