This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

eSports is the future, deal with it. It's just as good as real sports.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. eSports is the future, deal with it. It's just as good as real sports.

User Info: Legolas432

Legolas432
2 months ago#111
Tyranius2 posted...
Legolas432 posted...
Listen you nerd i don't have time to read your sentence talking about gamers are better and somehow more skillful then athletes. MMA is actually a very safe sport despite what you think, name one ufc fighter with permanent damage, please go ahead ill wait.

Lol, you are clueless. There have been deaths in MMA before, I'd say that's pretty permanent. Sam Vasquez and Michael Kirkham most notably. Also Jeff Dunbar was paralyzed after his fight.

im talking about ufc lol, name one person who has died in the ufc? smh nerds know nothing.

Legolas432
2 months ago#112
MasteroftheArts posted...
Etner posted...
I was on Masteroftheart's side until he started the flame war. I still am mostly, but I wish you had stuck to just ripping apart Legolas's paper thin arguments and s***ty points.

In my defense, I only started making fun of him when he decided to make it personal. The reason I'm not continuing to cordially respond to his points is because there's nothing left. He's just spouting the same sophomoric bulls*** over and over again. After a certain point, the only thing left to do is point and laugh at the village idiot.

Case in point: What did he respond to your insightful comment with?

Listen you nerd i don't have time to read your sentence talking about gamers are better and somehow more skillful then athletes. MMA is actually a very safe sport despite what you think, name one ufc fighter with permanent damage, please go ahead ill wait.

If you want to continue arguing with that, you're free to. I'm more content just making fun of how he doesn't seem to know how to use a computer.

Anyone who knows anything about high level esports understands just how much concentration and skill it requires to consistently play on that level. The video I posted was 400apm. That's around 6 to 7 actions a second. Imagine performing that many keystrokes or clicks for 12 hours a day every day, with the only rest times being going to the bathroom, eating, sleeping, and queuing up for another game. Of course that's the extreme end, but it's still a reality. No physical athlete works that hard at their craft. Not even close.

Edit: Oh, and heads up. You will be called a nerd for pointing out the MMA injury statistics. It's his way of saying he loves you.

"tranning" are you that delusional? athletes literally push their bodies to the limit, training in technique and from and actual PHYSICAL exercise. So basically what you're saying is its harder to be a gamer than a mama fighter? LOL this is why I call you a nerd, I know how to click a mouse lmao. Do you know how to break some ones jaw with a spinning heel kick with tremendous force?

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
2 months ago#113
Your claim was "MMA is actually a very safe sport" and there is empirical evidence that it is not as safe as you make it sound.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

Legolas432
2 months ago#114
Monopoman posted...
Legolas432 posted...
VideoboysaysCube posted...
Shinobi120 posted...
There's dozens of reasons why they won't but one in particular is it's an insult to real athletes that dedicate their time and focus to the sport and train for it.

So I guess professional gamers are just born that good?

Athletes training is a lot harder then pressing buttons lol. Haver you ever left done any physical excise before?

To be a pro Starcraft 2 player its more than just pressing buttons its pressing buttons so fast that most people can't even do it. Sure some of these games don't take an extreme number of button presses in a short time to be considered good but some do. Acting like any joe blow off the street can be a top level SC player is a f***ing joke.

im not saying it takes no skill but i have to match peoples ridiculous points with my own, do you really think its that easy to be pro athlete? Acting like anyone can go in a professional sport is even more stupid. Nerds will do anything to protect their games.

Legolas432
2 months ago#115
Tyranius2 posted...
Your claim was "MMA is actually a very safe sport" and there is empirical evidence that it is not as safe as you make it sound.

I bet you have never watched ufc in your life. Boxers injuries are 10 times worse than ufcs.

Legolas432
2 months ago#116
PARKSLang posted...
I like esports because like chess/go, you actually need to use your brain.

Any idiot can take steroids and hit a ball, and be considered the greatest athlete to ever live

you are literally stupid. You realize when you take steroids you still have to work out a lot right? You obviously have no idea how it works lol. You don't just gain muscle you idiot. Also so every athlete takes steroids? lmao how sad your life must be. "hit a ball" have you even left your house before? Ever heard of mma nerd? theres something called fight iq and takes knowledge to anticipate your opponent. i can just something as stupid as you, "yeah i can just move my pieces and ill win the game, anyone can do it hurr hurr" idiot.

Legolas432
2 months ago#117
WhyWontHeFall posted...
Video games are substance, not sports.

Like candy, crack or colt, they need to be taken in moderation or not taken at all.

Being immobile and starting at a screen for prolonged periods destroys the body. Everyone knows this and with video games it's much worse.

Whereas a true athlete, win or lose, trains his body, prolongs his health, spirit and exposes himself to nature. All good.

Out of shape losers sitting in sticky chair is nothing to aspire to. The comparison is disgusting. Not to mention that everyone in those communities, moba, shooters and fighting games are massive a******s and all should be flushed down the toilet to hell.

lmao this guy gets it.

User Info: Etner

Etner
2 months ago#118
Congrats on completely ignoring my links about dying UFC fighters.

Legolas432
2 months ago#119
its sad really, i can't imagine a girl going out with guy like 70% of the people in this chat. "yeah I'm a sports player" she asks what sport do you play? " i sit on a chair for 12 hours and play cs go" *girl leaves* man you guys must be losers lmao.

User Info: Etner

Etner
2 months ago#120
Not really. Plenty of eSports competitors have boyfriends or girlfriends.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. eSports is the future, deal with it. It's just as good as real sports.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived