This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

eSports is the future, deal with it. It's just as good as real sports.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. eSports is the future, deal with it. It's just as good as real sports.

User Info: iemerg_

iemerg_
1 month ago#31
Not even close for the most part watching eSports is pretty boring... I'm basically just watching a Let's Play theres no emotion or anything that goes into it. Real sports like Boxing or UFC or football gives you adrenaline almost.
7700K@5.0 - 1080 - EVGA 750 - 16GB DDR4 - Z270 ASUS
H100v2 - Evolv ATX - 500GB SAMSUNG SSD - 1TB WD BLACK

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
1 month ago#32
EpicKingdom_ posted...
ClunkerSlim posted...
It's not like real sports where athletes worked their way up to the Pros by being the very best.

Yeah, I'm sure these "pro" gamers never spent hours upon hours practicing to be the best.

But they're not the best. That's the whole point. Some of these kids are really good, but some of these guys are just there because they sell a lot of GFuel. There's almost no rhyme or reason to it. It's not like a pool of players was created from extensive in-game data collecting, who then went on to a minor league, who then went on to a Pro circuit. The whole organization of esports is a shame. It's a con to sell product.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: ShinXagura

ShinXagura
1 month ago#33
BannanaBomb2002 posted...
People still watch cable?
My life is Disgaea.

User Info: EpicKingdom_

EpicKingdom_
1 month ago#34
If you guys play harder, maybe you could be a famous athlete gamer too.

User Info: KaizerLaw

KaizerLaw
1 month ago#35
Better than real sports for sure.

User Info: PlayerAnonymous

PlayerAnonymous
1 month ago#36
EpicKingdom_ posted...
If you guys play harder, maybe you could be a famous athlete gamer too.

Or if you like getting forced to play by corporations, then you could be a famous athlete gamer too with no passion and love for gaming!
"Better part of valor! Better part of valor!"

User Info: Madmartagon

Madmartagon
4 weeks ago#37
You know i could see Football/Baseball/Basketball so so professional team sponsored by the teams them self's but i cant see something like a shooter ever being good or have the views of the superbowl

User Info: MasteroftheArts

MasteroftheArts
4 weeks ago#38
ClunkerSlim posted...
EpicKingdom_ posted...
ClunkerSlim posted...
It's not like real sports where athletes worked their way up to the Pros by being the very best.

Yeah, I'm sure these "pro" gamers never spent hours upon hours practicing to be the best.

But they're not the best. That's the whole point. Some of these kids are really good, but some of these guys are just there because they sell a lot of GFuel. There's almost no rhyme or reason to it. It's not like a pool of players was created from extensive in-game data collecting, who then went on to a minor league, who then went on to a Pro circuit. The whole organization of esports is a shame. It's a con to sell product.

There aren't minor leagues and major leagues because there's no need for it. Aside from that, the ladder system is pretty much the same as traditional sports.

http://www.gosugamers.net/counterstrike/rankings

Players that aren't good don't win tournaments and are removed from the teams. Good players win tournaments and stay in teams. That's how the system works.
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."

User Info: CharREX

CharREX
4 weeks ago#39
MasteroftheArts posted...

The biggest reason why esports will never be mainstream like traditional sports is simply due to the steep learning curve being a barrier to entry. There's far too much information to absorb to understand as a passive watcher. You have to play the game to understand all of the mechanics at play and what's really going on other than "Team A is winning because they have more players alive this round and they're ahead in score." There's always going to be a stigma that it's just kids playing games which is a factor as well, but the learning curve is much more of an issue than that.

No way that is the reason. It more of "stigma that it's just kids playing games" than anything else. Just look at the NBA games, the high learning curve doesn't stop passive watcher from watching it. I guarantee you most passive people that watches the NBA only thinks "Team A is winning because they scored more points".
+852

User Info: SnakePlisken94

SnakePlisken94
4 weeks ago#40
Lol esports is not sports.
just your typical butthurt basement dweller
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. eSports is the future, deal with it. It's just as good as real sports.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived