This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

eSports is the future, deal with it. It's just as good as real sports.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. eSports is the future, deal with it. It's just as good as real sports.

User Info: Legolas432

Legolas432
2 months ago#81
MasteroftheArts posted...
Legolas432 posted...
Legolas432 posted...
have you fried a longbow from that age? Its not easy, men back then were 3 times stronger than nowadays.

LOL. No they weren't. You are the king of saying random s*** without thinking for a second. 3 times stronger would put the average person at being able to deadlift over 400 pounds without training. This is hilarious. You think archery requires strength? Nope. Try dexterity. Go google olympic archery right now and tell me it's a strength sport and I'll laugh in your f***ing face.

Just give up. lol. You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

This is literally like comparing people who play arma to real people in the military. "i play video games it requires timing,accruacy, concentration, prep,sthrength,condtioning. Its just like shooting a real gun, video games are same as the military, i had to lead 50 team mates on my team in 100 player server vs the germans, required so much skill, well guess this qualifies me for d-day its easy. playing days of war is just like being in d-day. I have been training in practice mode for 5 hours now and I think I'm ready" idiots like you actually believe this. "I can play ea sports ufc 2, guess that means i can join the ufc" shut up with your fake reality bull crap its sad really.

Well, at least this time you didn't bother writing a wall of text with s***ty grammar, you just decided to stick with the s***ty grammar.

Nope. It's nothing like that. I know you're so desperate to strawman esports because you're butthurt you can't compete on that level, but everyone can see how transparent you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se6vGhOt58g

That=Skill. Skill that you will never have.

why would i be butthurt that i can't compete on that level? i actually have i life, i enjoy games and currently upgrading my pc but still have a life unlike you.

Legolas432
2 months ago#82
Legolas432 posted...
Legolas432 posted...
have you fried a longbow from that age? Its not easy, men back then were 3 times stronger than nowadays.

LOL. No they weren't. You are the king of saying random s*** without thinking for a second. 3 times stronger would put the average person at being able to deadlift over 400 pounds without training. This is hilarious. You think archery requires strength? Nope. Try dexterity. Go google olympic archery right now and tell me it's a strength sport and I'll laugh in your f***ing face.

This is literally like comparing people who play arma to real people in the military. "i play video games it requires timing,accruacy, concentration, prep,sthrength,condtioning. Its just like shooting a real gun, video games are same as the military, i had to lead 50 team mates on my team in 100 player server vs the germans, required so much skill, well guess this qualifies me for d-day its easy. playing days of war is just like being in d-day. I have been training in practice mode for 5 hours now and I think I'm ready" idiots like you actually believe this. "I can play ea sports ufc 2, guess that means i can join the ufc" shut up with your fake reality bull crap its sad really.

Well, at least this time you didn't bother writing a wall of text with s***ty grammar, you just decided to stick with the s***ty grammar.

Nope. It's nothing like that. I know you're so desperate to strawman esports because you're butthurt you can't compete on that level, but everyone can see how transparent you are.

Yeah sorry i like to train in stuff like martial arts and soccer, don't have time to train how to right click my mouse. Also why am i going to worry about my grammar when I'm sending some pretentious nerd who thinks he all migthy messages. Thought this was the internet and not my essay, strange really.

User Info: MasteroftheArts

MasteroftheArts
2 months ago#83
Legolas432 posted...
Legolas432 posted...
Legolas432 posted...

Yeah sorry i like to train in stuff like martial arts and soccer, don't have time to train how to right click my mouse. Also why am i going to worry about my grammar when I'm sending some pretentious nerd who thinks he all migthy messages. Thought this was the internet and not my essay, strange really.

So you responded to my exact same comment twice instead of just once saying both things or editing your first comment...

Do you even know how to use a keyboard and mouse?
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."

User Info: BlackAdam

BlackAdam
2 months ago#84
Legolas432 posted...
Legolas432 posted...
Legolas432 posted...

So you responded to my exact same comment twice instead of just once saying both things or editing your first comment...

He probably has also never even attempted archery.

Legolas, more like lego-ass.
The Official Black Adam of Injustice 2.

User Info: Etner

Etner
2 months ago#85
I was on Masteroftheart's side until he started the flame war. I still am mostly, but I wish you had stuck to just ripping apart Legolas's paper thin arguments and s***ty points.

So, just want to say that eSports might eventually reach the level of Sports, but it'll take a while. The problem with eSports is that you have to grow up in an area or family where you have access to a decent amount of money. You have to have money for consoles or a good PC to run said games well and play them constantly. Meaning you have no other obligations. Whereas for your standard athletic sports, you can train by spending $10 at your local store on a football or soccer ball or tennis racket set or something of that nature and use it. It's far cheaper.

Secondly, eSports unfortunately is surrounded by poisonous viper sponsors that just want to milk the scene. Which sucks, because most of the people that game at a high level really care about eSports or the game itself. Additionally, most eSports gamers are selfish. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but most traditional athletes give back to their communities by using their money to repair or build new buildings that will enhance or restore the areas they came from before they got famous. Additionally, athletes are paid a ridiculous amount of money for their contracts. Gamers... not so much, though feel free to correct me on that.

Okay, now onto Legolas. There are several issues with your poorly formed arguments.

1) Saying overly false stuff like "permanent injury never happens in "real" sports" is about the biggest load of horses*** I've ever seen in my life. Plenty of MMA fighters (men and women) have been injured into retirement. Not even counting that, permanent damage occurs from the sport itself, as it can be quite brutal. NFL has a MASSIVE reputation for head trauma. American football players suffering permanent brain damage is, unfortunately, a common thing. Moreso than I care to admit.

2) Pro gamers practice way more than an hour or two a day. It's entirely common for top level players to spend entire days for weeks on end practicing to ensure they remain at the top of their game. Yes, they're not healthy. Know why? Because they spend all that time practicing. It's incredibly taxing, leaving very little room for relationships or family or most friendships. A lot of sacrifice goes into that kind of life.

3) Using terms like "lol I have a life unlike those gamers" doesn't do anything. The entire phrase has always been bullies or straight up a******s trying to be superior on the social ladder. What's it matter if someone plays games all day? Even if you don't count pro gamers, people that play games are entirely capable of having healthy friendships and lifestyles if they so choose. It's all about balance. Don't try and pull something like that you justify yourself in a completely irrelevant manner.

4) Pro gamers suffer from something standard athletes never will, being mental exhaustion. This is especially prevalent in the FGC at EVO where they have to perform at their absolute best for hours on end with no slip ups in order to remain the best. It drastically takes a toll on one's psyche.

Legolas432
2 months ago#86
BlackAdam posted...
Legolas432 posted...
Legolas432 posted...
Legolas432 posted...

He probably has also never even attempted archery.

Legolas, more like lego-ass.

And your name is black adam, and i bet you've never been in a fight lol.

Legolas432
2 months ago#87
Etner posted...
I was on Masteroftheart's side until he started the flame war. I still am mostly, but I wish you had stuck to just ripping apart Legolas's paper thin arguments and s***ty points.

So, just want to say that eSports might eventually reach the level of Sports, but it'll take a while. The problem with eSports is that you have to grow up in an area or family where you have access to a decent amount of money. You have to have money for consoles or a good PC to run said games well and play them constantly. Meaning you have no other obligations. Whereas for your standard athletic sports, you can train by spending $10 at your local store on a football or soccer ball or tennis racket set or something of that nature and use it. It's far cheaper.

Secondly, eSports unfortunately is surrounded by poisonous viper sponsors that just want to milk the scene. Which sucks, because most of the people that game at a high level really care about eSports or the game itself. Additionally, most eSports gamers are selfish. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but most traditional athletes give back to their communities by using their money to repair or build new buildings that will enhance or restore the areas they came from before they got famous. Additionally, athletes are paid a ridiculous amount of money for their contracts. Gamers... not so much, though feel free to correct me on that.

Okay, now onto Legolas. There are several issues with your poorly formed arguments.

1) Saying overly false stuff like "permanent injury never happens in "real" sports" is about the biggest load of horses*** I've ever seen in my life. Plenty of MMA fighters (men and women) have been injured into retirement. Not even counting that, permanent damage occurs from the sport itself, as it can be quite brutal. NFL has a MASSIVE reputation for head trauma. American football players suffering permanent brain damage is, unfortunately, a common thing. Moreso than I care to admit.

2) Pro gamers practice way more than an hour or two a day. It's entirely common for top level players to spend entire days for weeks on end practicing to ensure they remain at the top of their game. Yes, they're not healthy. Know why? Because they spend all that time practicing. It's incredibly taxing, leaving very little room for relationships or family or most friendships. A lot of sacrifice goes into that kind of life.

3) Using terms like "lol I have a life unlike those gamers" doesn't do anything. The entire phrase has always been bullies or straight up a******s trying to be superior on the social ladder. What's it matter if someone plays games all day? Even if you don't count pro gamers, people that play games are entirely capable of having healthy friendships and lifestyles if they so choose. It's all about balance. Don't try and pull something like that you justify yourself in a completely irrelevant manner.

4) Pro gamers suffer from something standard athletes never will, being mental exhaustion. This is especially prevalent in the FGC at EVO where they have to perform at their absolute best for hours on end with no slip ups in order to remain the best. It drastically takes a toll on one's psyche.

Listen you nerd i don't have time to read your sentence talking about gamers are better and somehow more skillful then athletes. MMA is actually a very safe sport despite what you think, name one ufc fighter with permanent damage, please go ahead ill wait.

User Info: WalkingPlague

WalkingPlague
2 months ago#88
ClunkerSlim posted...
As far as I can tell, ESports only exist to sell Red Bull to morons. Half these kids playing on stage just kind of lucked their way up there because some sponsor thought they looked marketable. It's not like real sports were athletes worked their way up to the Pros by being the very best. ESports -> as vast as an ocean but as deep as a puddle.

/thread closed

https://imgur.com/jERbPXa
Ryzen 1600X @ 3.8Ghz | EVGA GTX 1080 | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200mhz | MSI B350 'Bazooka' | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Legolas432
2 months ago#89
Legolas432 posted...
Legolas432 posted...
Legolas432 posted...

you're literally just dogging my questions at this point, you have no response and everything you're saying isn't relevant to the conversation. guess i can't use a mouse huh? you know how to get out of your chair?

User Info: krossfire

krossfire
2 months ago#90
I view eSports as a modern day table or bar games such as chess, checkers, or darts. Those games will always find their own audience and niche.

However, I don't think it's ever going to surpass actual sports. Call me again if it's ever going to top over the levels of the World Cup or the Olympics.
Half Life 3 pls :(
"Believe in your own justice."
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. eSports is the future, deal with it. It's just as good as real sports.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived