This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamesindustry.biz Sr. Editor quits Steam over Valve's inaction with hate speech

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gamesindustry.biz Sr. Editor quits Steam over Valve's inaction with hate speech
(message deleted)

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 months ago#2
Salty
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 months ago#3
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Salty

Extremely... giving up gaming because the optional community has dark alleys you can walk down?
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: DaedalusEx

DaedalusEx
3 months ago#4
After PewDiePie dropped his racist interjection, Firewatch developer Campo Santo had the popular streamer's video of the game pulled from YouTube using the service's copyright claims process. Angry gamers then began review bombing the title on Steam, and poured into the game-specific forums to flood them with abuse. Because that's how it's done now. Because we are gamers and every avenue of feedback available to us must be weaponized so that we can have things our way.

The f***ing irony.

User Info: Perfect Zeratul

Perfect Zeratul
3 months ago#5
Good. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. And don't come back.
God gave man a brain and a ****. Too bad he didn't give us enough blood to use them both @ the same time....

User Info: good_mangorush

good_mangorush
3 months ago#6
Bye
The Truth Has Set Me Free!

User Info: Moonse

Moonse
3 months ago#7
It's a store with entirely optional communities.

Communities are built of whoever's in em, if you don't like them then don't be in them. Form new communities with like-minded individuals elsewhere if you want.

This guy's doing that, but has also for no reason removed all his games on that account (if any) and can just make another account anyway, it's free, who the f*** cares if he deletes an account that's freely created by literally anyone at anytime.

All he's doing is throwing away money, damn privileged white males, I swear. People work their f***ing asses off for money to buy games and this prick just throws them away.

f***, s***ty people want a place to belong to as well. Leave s***ty people alone, they contribute dank may mays, they call out s*** for being s*** (because s*** people know all about s***) and they harass people who have been marinating in their echo chambers for too long.

But mostly it's just the obnoxious type of people trying to have a laugh at being as offensive as possible, nothing to get worked up about. Ultimately they won, they made him delete his account, that's like the 2nd best outcome.
Mind the grue.

User Info: kblaze13

kblaze13
3 months ago#8
He's just angry because people were calling him out on his bulls***, they weren't actively defending the idiot pewdie, but were calling out his DMCA claim for what it was.

Rather then "strap his balls on" and realize why they were upset and report on it...like a "journalist" should, this guy throws a tantrum and runs away.

Wonder how long before he puts in his application at Kotaku.
Iightningz posted...
I hate Lightning.

User Info: saltedham

saltedham
3 months ago#9
good_mangorush posted...
Bye

man. some kid out there got to him.
(X)_(X)
SUSANO'O!!!!!

User Info: z827

z827
3 months ago#10
Laughing and cringing my arse off throughout the ordeal of reading that article.

All I could gather from this is that the writer is a sheltered man-child that seems to have zilch knowledge regarding Internet culture. Heck, that NRGO which he sought to make an "example" reeks of dank and memes.
Char Aznable : "A Mobile Suit's performance does not decide a battle's outcome!"
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gamesindustry.biz Sr. Editor quits Steam over Valve's inaction with hate speech

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived