This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamesindustry.biz Sr. Editor quits Steam over Valve's inaction with hate speech

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gamesindustry.biz Sr. Editor quits Steam over Valve's inaction with hate speech

User Info: slyman19

slyman19
4 weeks ago#101
Bleu_Skie posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Edavy89 posted...
tzuyd posted...
Did you see the backlash PDP got for using a bad word? NOBODY IS ALLOWING THINGS THAT ARE (considered) WRONG.

We still have white supremacist rally's here in Virginia. Everyone intelligent knows racial bigotry is wrong. Yet legally we allow it. What delusional hole in your head are you hiding in to think the world isn't f***ing swimming in what is wrong.

Because to disallow it is bigotry, which is wrong.

In theory, sure, but when words lead to violence, the morality of it is less important. When people get hurt or killed over words in basically your own backyard... Nvm, not going to go on that train of thought here.

Freedom and safety is a delicate balance.

Freedom is more important than anything though.

And people can stop being dips***s and getting triggered by racist morons. Let them have their little protests and then they will retreat to their backwoods mobile homes to f***ing their sisters. Words do not have to lead to violence.

User Info: MUD VIPER

MUD VIPER
4 weeks ago#102
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I6h9b59B2A
Console bug testing has been outsourced to gamers now. For $60 you too can become a game tester.

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
4 weeks ago#103
slyman19 posted...
Freedom is more important than anything though.

Without safety freedom is worthless.

slyman19 posted...
Words do not have to lead to violence.

It would be nice to live in a world where that never happened. I look around me and see otherwise.

EDIT: and yes, I do live in Virginia.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.
(message deleted)

User Info: DaedalusEx

DaedalusEx
4 weeks ago#105
Bleu_Skie posted...
In theory, sure, but when words lead to violence, the morality of it is less important.

And how do you plan on stopping words from leading to violence?

User Info: Hatsune_Miku

Hatsune_Miku
4 weeks ago#106
stop giving this moron the time of day. He wants to "quit video games", ok then, Bye. But us giving him the time of day is exactly what he wants.
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/zRHKHN

User Info: Zanin

Zanin
4 weeks ago#107
Heh, my steam name used to be just one name, now I keep changing it to whatever political climate it is. It's funny, I've been "cnn very fake news" to "obummer glad no 3rd term" to "general lee" plus "pooped on obummer statue". I call people in friday the 13th online libtard cucks if they act like an SJW. Never had so much fun.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 weeks ago#108
GM_ posted...
No not really. Sometimes we're just petty like that and make comments to annoy people.

Then you care enough to take advantage of a thread to post a snide/pointless reply for e-cred, but ultimately you care at least a little. When I "don't care" about a topic/anything in general, I ignore it. It's not that they "don't care", it's a petty expression of being "aloof" or "above it all", a little plea for attention. GameFAQs is a mecca for misanthropes desperate for any kind of validation.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: arleas

arleas
4 weeks ago#109
JKatarn posted...
ultimately you care at least a little.

Situations like these are exactly why I always say "I could care less". Because if I didn't care at all I wouldn't post.

But most people entering a thread to post "I don't care" are really saying "I care enough to give my opinion on the subject, and my opinion is that I don't care about it". But as you said, that still requires you to care enough to give your opinion.

Really, I think Valve probably weighed the choices: ban a bunch of children throwing a tantrum with racial slurs on the forums, or let it go and hope that someone else put a stop to it for them. Seeing as how 90% of their strategy is "let someone else do it for us", it's easy to see how they arrived at their conclusion.

If they had banned the racist kids it would turn into a clusterf*** of everyone yelling about how Valve favors the SJWs and are in favor of the illegal use of the DMCA. Instead, they leave it alone and it's only a minor s***storm (with 30% chance of going away entirely as people get bored with it).
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
4 weeks ago#110
DaedalusEx posted...
Bleu_Skie posted...
In theory, sure, but when words lead to violence, the morality of it is less important.

And how do you plan on stopping words from leading to violence?

I could be wrong, but I believe that was kind of his point.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gamesindustry.biz Sr. Editor quits Steam over Valve's inaction with hate speech

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived