This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamesindustry.biz Sr. Editor quits Steam over Valve's inaction with hate speech

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gamesindustry.biz Sr. Editor quits Steam over Valve's inaction with hate speech

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
2 months ago#121
jakisthe posted...
>Complains that having reviewers push their personal politics for reviews like Bayonetta 2 are bad for the industry
>Review bombs a developer for pushing their political views on others

Oh...

ftfy
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: jakisthe

jakisthe
2 months ago#122
Right, so review bombs are entirely politically unmotivated, whereas Campo Santo affected review scores themselves when they asked for a DMCA. No politics allowed in reviews unless they're ones which they agree with. Got it.

I suppose that viewpoint is at least consistent, in that it's "only my side should have the right to political opinions".
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::

DarkZV2Beta
2 months ago#123
jakisthe posted...
Right, so review bombs are entirely politically unmotivated, whereas Campo Santo affected review scores themselves when they asked for a DMCA. No politics allowed in reviews unless they're ones which they agree with. Got it.

I suppose that viewpoint is at least consistent, in that it's "only my side should have the right to political opinions".

I think the thing your missing is who's pushing the political agenda on other people.

jakisthe
2 months ago#124
The people who are doing the review bombing, in that it's a political action with a quantifiable outcome absent the quality of the work? Or, wait, let me guess - that totally wasn't driven by a political agenda. Mhmm.
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::

DarkZV2Beta
2 months ago#125
jakisthe posted...
t the quality of the work? Or, wait, let me guess - that totally wasn't a politically motivated action. Mhmm.

It was a response to a politically motivated action.
In general, people don't like being told what to think, and respond negatively to that.

jakisthe
2 months ago#126
Right. A response driven by a political agenda...or are you suggesting that the people doing that had no free will?

It was action>politically motivated response>politically motivated response. If you're against the initial one, you should be against the second one. If you're for the second one, you should be for the first one - and also ok with politics in other reviews. Or maybe it's the only some sides should have political opinions.

The company acted in the opposite direction - in general, they tend to not like their products being attached to hate speech, and respond negatively to that. .

Or I can point to pretty much any other instance of review bombing, I suppose.

DarkZV2Beta
2 months ago#127
The political agenda of "f*** off with your political agenda". That's one 'political agenda' I can get behind.

User Info: TrashPandaJedi

TrashPandaJedi
2 months ago#128
Yea PC gamers have pretty bad reputation and this doesnt help
http://i.imgur.com/mLhEeaZ.gifv
Death Road to Canada = 10/10

jakisthe
2 months ago#129
Sure, and the first was a political agenda of "we don't like hate speech". Seems you just want one side to not have any political voice at all.

>Ostensibly fights against censorship
>Only wants the side which represents his own political interests to be able to have a response; anything else is "forcing a viewpoint" and should not be voiced

Hmmm....

DarkZV2Beta
2 months ago#130
jakisthe posted...
Sure, and the first was a political agenda of "we don't like hate speech". Seems you just want one side to not have any political voice at all.

>Ostensibly fights against censorship
>Only wants the side which represents his own political interests to be able to have a response; anything else is "forcing a viewpoint" and should not be voiced

Hmmm....

Randomly blurting out a "naughty word" isn't hate speech.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gamesindustry.biz Sr. Editor quits Steam over Valve's inaction with hate speech

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived