This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamesindustry.biz Sr. Editor quits Steam over Valve's inaction with hate speech

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gamesindustry.biz Sr. Editor quits Steam over Valve's inaction with hate speech

User Info: jakisthe

jakisthe
3 weeks ago#131
To you. Others disagree. Some people feel like they should be free to disagree; others want to curtail their ability to have a response.
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 weeks ago#132
jakisthe posted...
To you. Others disagree. Some people feel like they should be free to disagree; others want to curtail their ability to have a response.

You are free to disagree and voice that disagreement.
Abusing youtube's copyright system, however, is not appropriate.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

jakisthe
3 weeks ago#133
Sounds like you want to censor their response. Are companies not allowed to take legal actions they deem fit and then let the legal aspect take charge? I expect they'll lose in court, but they took actions which they felt were right, and which you don't get to dictate.
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::

DarkZV2Beta
3 weeks ago#134
They abused a system in place to prevent copyright infringement to silence individuals who said things they disagree with.
The community responded appropriately to that kind of garbage, and now the person is hypocritically whining about it. That's all.

User Info: k darkfire

k darkfire
3 weeks ago#135
'm glad we're down 1 less SJW.. SJWs are toxic. PDP did nothing wrong and Valve should not censor Steam for racism. Hell, I want people to be racist as they're defending the first amendment.

jakisthe
3 weeks ago#136
Right. And people abused a system of rating a game for their own ends; to silence those they disagreed with. So it goes. Either you're ok with both sides taking actions they feel are correct for the situation, or you're ok with neither of them.

DarkZV2Beta
3 weeks ago#137
jakisthe posted...
Right. And people abused a system of rating a game for their own ends; to silence those they disagreed with. So it goes. Either you're ok with both sides taking actions they feel are correct for the situation, or you're ok with neither of them.

Using a system the way it's designed to be used in response to exploiting a system to silence someone.
Community reviews are there for the community to b**** about things. Copyright strikes are not there for censorship.

jakisthe
3 weeks ago#138
Just like the courts were designed. These are available actions to be taken, and it doesn't fall to you to deem one side appropriate for utilizing the tools at their disposal and another not.

This will go on forever, btw. Like I said, either you're ok with both sides taking action, or you're ok with neither side taking action. That's just how it works. You'll say "it's not meant to be used that way!", and then ignore that the same could be said for the other side, and repeat to infinity. And I don't even think CS was in the right, legally speaking. But it's an action they are allowed to take.

DarkZV2Beta
3 weeks ago#139
Or you could get some sense and see the difference between an action and a reaction, and the censorship of an individual through abuse vs the appropriate consumer response.

I mean, I get that you're just trolling. Nobody is that dumb. But, I'll keep saying it.

jakisthe
3 weeks ago#140
I can see that both what CS did and the review bombs were reactions - just like I can recognize obvious, obvious hypocrisy when I see it.
I'll just keep quoting this, since you don't seem to understand it:

>Ostensibly fights against censorship
>Only wants the side which represents his own political interests to be able to have an "appropriate response"; anything else is "forcing a viewpoint" or "abusing the system" and should not be voiced
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gamesindustry.biz Sr. Editor quits Steam over Valve's inaction with hate speech

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived