This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamesindustry.biz Sr. Editor quits Steam over Valve's inaction with hate speech

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gamesindustry.biz Sr. Editor quits Steam over Valve's inaction with hate speech

User Info: Bazooka_Penguin

Bazooka_Penguin
1 month ago#21
Who is he? He sounds like a manbaby
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif

User Info: temgun

temgun
1 month ago#22
What a drama queen. Who gives a s*** about the community? Ignore that nonsense. Buy and play games, like most people.

User Info: surprise871

surprise871
1 month ago#23
"I'm just going to delete this platform in which I need to do my job properly."

User Info: Perfect Zeratul

Perfect Zeratul
1 month ago#24
Adding gamesindustry biz to blacklist.
God gave man a brain and a ****. Too bad he didn't give us enough blood to use them both @ the same time....

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
1 month ago#25
On the one hand, he has a point that Steam desperately needs better moderation, on the other hand it's irrational to lose access to your game library when you could simply ignore the steam community (in most cases) and play your games. I typically just use Steam as a means to accessing my game library and only interact with the community if I have a technical problem/question. Also, by doing this/writing this article, he's just throwing more fuel on the fire - the people that create these troll groups are now getting the exposure/attention they desperately crave. The worst thing you can do for a troll is give him/her attention, they thrive on it, positive OR negative.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
1 month ago#26
Guys.. the point is steam shouldn't even have those dark alleyways or communities. They should be removed like racists or anti lgbtq need to be eliminated and cleansed irl.

Also no I'm not being sarcastic or superfluos. I'm being 100% honest and real here no matter how you read the end of my last paragraph.

You're all like "just don't pay attention to those communites" when they need to not exist in the first place. You are part of the problem by sitting on the sidelines on this by calling him a crybaby or whatever else.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hP6BCy
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: Chr0noid

Chr0noid
1 month ago#27
Someone's being mean to me on the internet! WAAAAAAAH

Society has gone down the drain if people are getting this upset over words. I blame the SJWs and the demand for everything to be ultra PC.
We are so dead. But at least I have a girlfriend! -Lion-O

User Info: DaedalusEx

DaedalusEx
1 month ago#28
Terantatek posted...
Guys.. the point is steam shouldn't even have those dark alleyways or communities. They should be removed like racists or anti lgbtq need to be eliminated and cleansed irl.

Covering things up or pushing them out of sight doesn't make them go away, makes them worse in fact because you're removing the ability to engage and pushback against those ideas in a way that can change minds.

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
1 month ago#29
DaedalusEx posted...
Terantatek posted...

Covering things up or pushing them out of sight doesn't make them go away, makes them worse in fact because you're removing the ability to engage and pushback against those ideas in a way that can change minds.

Great. Go plead that case in GameFAQs' "Ask a Mod" forum and see how far you get. Steam is not a public exercise in free speech for hate groups. It's a business. There's appropriate discussion for that venue and some discussions that just don't belong. It's like a racist homeless man walking into your Dentist's office screaming at the top of his lungs. You don't applaud his use of free speech, you have him removed from the premises.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: ShinXagura

ShinXagura
1 month ago#30
Perfect Zeratul posted...
Good. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. And don't come back.
My life is Disgaea.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gamesindustry.biz Sr. Editor quits Steam over Valve's inaction with hate speech

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived