This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamesindustry.biz Sr. Editor quits Steam over Valve's inaction with hate speech

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gamesindustry.biz Sr. Editor quits Steam over Valve's inaction with hate speech

User Info: Perthboy

Perthboy
4 weeks ago#71
Why are SJW so full of hate? Eradicate people that don't share the same views geez, that kind of hate speech needs to be censored.
Perthboy
Mine is I-------------------this----------------------I big.

User Info: Dwavenhobble

Dwavenhobble
4 weeks ago#72
Edavy89 posted...
DaedalusEx posted...
The problem here is that hate and bigotry don't have objective definitions. If you create the tools to silence people you disagree with, you're enabling them to also use those tools when they acquire power. And their definitions won't be the same as yours.

I hate the slippery slope argument. But I can't disagree that it holds merit. However, when we allow things that are wrong, simply because of the future implications is it really that much better? That seems to be the universal fall back. "sure, X is wrong, but if we stop allowing X now, than in the future people might try to stop Y, and there is nothing wrong with Y". And yes, that might be the case. I just think it's generally a poor justification to allow what is wrong for the sake of what may happen, vs what we know *is* happening.

Not really when there's a precedent for it.

The first Lesbian Kiss in movies 1930 in the film Morocco
Then the Hays code came in that very year. Lesbian kisses were off the screen again, as were many other things.
There wasn't any female nudity on screen again until 1964.let alone Lesbian kisses.

and to be clear I'm not saying Lesbian kisses are wrong.
I'm on youtube just like everyone else but still
https://www.youtube.com/user/Dwavenhobble

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 weeks ago#73
Interfusor posted...
KenshiroX posted...
I gotta ask, everyone who uses the phrase "commit Sudoku". Are they using it as a joke, or do they not know it's SEPPUKU.

What??! I thought it was Hare-Krishna.

No, no, it's Hare-Hare-Yukari.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: arleas

arleas
4 weeks ago#74
Dwavenhobble posted...

The first Lesbian Kiss in movies 1930 in the film Morocco
Then the Hays code came in that very year. Lesbian kisses were off the screen again, as were many other things.
There wasn't any female nudity on screen again until 1964.let alone Lesbian kisses.

and to be clear I'm not saying Lesbian kisses are wrong.

Have you seen "This Film Is Not Yet Rated"?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0493459/

It's an interesting documentary about how film ratings are actually censorship even though they'll tell you they aren't and you're free to make whatever film you want. (They'll just give you an X rating where you can't show it in most theaters, similar to how no game wants the AO rating).
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: Death_Born

Death_Born
4 weeks ago#75
Perthboy posted...
Why are SJW so full of hate? Eradicate people that don't share the same views geez, that kind of hate speech needs to be censored.

The main problem is assuming that if you don't like people who spew literal hate speech you have to be some kind of radical feminist or "SJW". I'm pretty sure all normal people don't like hate speech either. It's one far end of the spectrum grouping literally everyone else with the other far end of the spectrum.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 weeks ago#76
Death_Born posted...
Perthboy posted...

The main problem is assuming that if you don't like people who spew literal hate speech you have to be some kind of radical feminist or "SJW". I'm pretty sure all normal people don't like hate speech either. It's one far end of the spectrum grouping literally everyone else with the other far end of the spectrum.

This is pretty true, and it's how both sides are played hard by the media. But, you know who's responsible for writing the news, including all the sensationalism?
Journalists. The same line of work this person has. And, the thing the person is doing is trying to incite backlash against Valve for not policing the Steam service in a way that benefits him.
This is after abusing the copyright strike system on Youtube, so any shred of credibility that this is for the greater good is long gone; this person wants to keep their social standing, and the only way they know how to do it is to play the victim and villainise others.

Steam community is 100% cancer, no doubt. But this guy is the same kind of cancer, and in a more influential position.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
4 weeks ago#77
DaedalusEx posted...
Angry gamers then began review bombing the title on Steam, and poured into the game-specific forums to flood them with abuse.

Lmao, I knew I should have checked the Firewatch page earlier. Nice to see that a lot of gamers haven't descended into SJW ways.
Specs: i7 4790k@4.6GHz |EVGA 1080 FTW| 16GB RAM - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST US PRESIDENT!

User Info: arleas

arleas
4 weeks ago#78
Death_Born posted...
It's one far end of the spectrum grouping literally everyone else with the other far end of the spectrum.

Both sides will try the "if you're not with us you're against us" crap too. Apparently there is only black and white, wrong and right, my way or the highway...I feel like I'm pretty moderate, but since I'm not embracing one side or the other completely, then I'm apparently open to be attacked from both sides.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
4 weeks ago#79
Dwavenhobble posted...
I found it funny the games he objected to being on Steam were ones SJWs rallied against and lost.

House Party - SJWs hated it claiming it's a rape simulators.
Hatred - SJWs hated it because "OMG teh Violence it's awful" so much that they had it pulled from Steam before Lord Gaben stepped in and said Steam wasn't in the business of making political statements against the content of violent games.
Playing History 2 The Slave trade: Because apparently SJWs object to educational games teaching people about a horrid part of the worlds past because they don't understand that just because the game doesn't start with "SLAVERY IS BAD" that people could possibly gain that knowledge from a game where Slaves keep dying etc in it.

The funny part?
Slavery existed in Africa for 1000 years before there was a United States of America, and . .. slavery still exists in Africa today. Black slave traders in Africa bought and sold 2 million human beings last year.
SJWs haven't said a word about it. So, apparently , it's not slavery that offends them.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: Madmartagon

Madmartagon
4 weeks ago#80
who..
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gamesindustry.biz Sr. Editor quits Steam over Valve's inaction with hate speech

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived