This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you use trainers or cheat engine tables for offline games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you use trainers or cheat engine tables for offline games?

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
2 months ago#11
oblique365 posted...
Theres no point. Games are easy nowadays and cheating only ruins the challenge. It was more worth it on the nes.

This. I used cheats back in the NES days, but there's no point now, especially considering that most games come with a freaking easy mode option.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: Madmartagon

Madmartagon
2 months ago#12
Depends on the game if i am playing the game just for the story like 99% of every jrpg then yea i will prob cheat sooner or later since i don't want to grind for 5hrs running back and forth triggering fights just to level up to beat that boss and the end of the cave i want to progress the story not grind

User Info: fallen_acolyte

fallen_acolyte
2 months ago#13
Yup... hex code editing all the way.

once you clear a game, i have 0 problem modding or doing whatever i want when i clear it.

Sometimes I even mod it to increase difficulty where you have to be a god to beat or clear certain obstacles or bosses.
()___(_______()~~
PSN: Fallen_Acolyte XBL: Fallen Acolyte

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
2 months ago#14
Sometimes, I literally just (as in like 5 minutes ago) used Cheat Engine to unlock all the cards in Yu-Gi-Oh Legacy of the Duelist because getting all 7484 cards takes literal ages. I've already got 50 hours in the game on PC and had like 100+ in it on Xbox One back in the day, I've got no qualms with unlocking the cards to be able to make decks easier at this point.

I don't like god mode cheats, they are boring. I usually only use Cheat Engine to give me more options like being able to freely use which ever weapons you want without spending 8 months grinding to get it, and I usually only do that after I've put a crap load of time in a game and am pretty much at the end of the game's life cycle and just want to try the "good stuff" that I don't want to grind for anymore
Proverbs 3:5 & Galatians 2:20 & John 14:6
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg

User Info: bikeblaster

bikeblaster
2 months ago#15
Sure do. f*** wasting time getting stuck on a game. And f*** wasting time grinding.

The only two reasons why I would ever use it.

User Info: RyanEsau

RyanEsau
2 months ago#16
Rarely, but yeah sometimes I do.

Especially when I'm just trying to screw around and have my fun, having some outside assistance comes in handy.
PSN: RyanEsau | https://psnprofiles.com/RyanEsau
PC: i7-6700K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC | https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Sgt.Soldier/saved/FsQK8d

User Info: Digital Storm

Digital Storm
2 months ago#17
The only one in recent memory is for Just Cause 2. f***in' around can be amusing in small doses.
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.

User Info: Azezo

Azezo
2 months ago#18
To skip boring and/or pointless grinds? Sure. Sometimes for annoying things like carrying capacity when I have major looting urges. Must. Pick. Up. All. Vendor. Trash.

The only game that comes to mind where I've actively tried to cheat to win was SoTS: The pitt. Some years ago because holy balls is that game hard. Plot Twist. I still couldn't beat it.

Last I checked there was only like two recorded wins on the highest difficulty? Something insane like that.
Why did you bother to read this?

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
2 months ago#19
Usually not but the odd revisit to an older rpg I've played before might have me using it for speed hacks. I don't ever really completely cheat stats or anything, just make grinding faster. I do cheat my carry weight in all my bethesda games however... I hate inventory management and am a horder. Those games don't require cheat engine for that of course.
4790k @ 4.6 | Asus Maximus VII Formula | H105 | 32GB RAM | 1080ti | 1TB of SSD | 6TB of HDD | Win 10 64bit | ax1200w | HTC Vive
Steam: DV8ing1

User Info: celebar

celebar
2 months ago#20
itt: casuals
thank you for reading my post
regards, celebar
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you use trainers or cheat engine tables for offline games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived