This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you use trainers or cheat engine tables for offline games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you use trainers or cheat engine tables for offline games?

User Info: ShinXagura

ShinXagura
2 months ago#21
Sometimes. I also use HxD to mod rpg growth system and gameplay.
My life is Disgaea.

User Info: SorsShinjo

SorsShinjo
2 months ago#22
When I play Contra Hard Corps of Snes Battletoads, then yes.
Otherwise no.

But generally speaking, I start to cheat as soon as the challange/proudness ratio of a game gets way over my head
Some of my favorites: Castlevania Symphony of the Night, Contra Hard Crops, Dokapon Kingdom, Guilty Gear, Monster Hunter, Pokemon, Supreme Commander, Nethack

User Info: rpgian

rpgian
2 months ago#23
All the time. Usually not to cheat so much as alter. For example when I replayed ff8 you start at like lv7. I didn't like that so I found the exp and knocked myself down to lv1 and threw on no encounters.

In YS Seven they had some gear from the starting city. Wpns/armor/accessories that did helpful things like auto collect and increase drop rate. I gave myself a $500,000 cheaters stipend to start with them all on nightmare mode.

*Could easily freeze hp/sp/etc but that's no fun unless you are intentionally exploring a place of annoyance (ie constant weather damage in Andromeda or the Witcher 3 in those other worlds..frozen hp makes nice explory for annoying lv3 enviro/poison)

If a game dares to ask me to collect 25 pink rat tails or something, screw it, I'll have the value by 2 if savestates are present, or 3/4/insta with trainer. So NOOO to all rng fetch crap, happy to cheat.

So infinite double jumps in Nier automata, infinite oxygen, synthesis, anything that sets a encumberance or need to grind for stuff goes bye bye. Stuff like races with very tight corners and almost bullet hell reaction times required, I'm not above speed hacking to make it run at half speed to compensate for beer brain when they are trying to coke it up.

User Info: celebar

celebar
2 months ago#24
rpgian posted...
All the time. Usually not to cheat so much as alter.

Also known as cheating.
thank you for reading my post
regards, celebar

User Info: Stormtr8per

Stormtr8per
2 months ago#25
I used to, during the NES/SNES-era to make grinding easier or take less time to do it.

User Info: MMG_

MMG_
2 months ago#26
Pretty much only in Bethesda games as I need the console to fix some bugs sometimes.
BORED TO DEATH. I'm bored, I'm bored, I'm bored. I am bored.
http://i.imgur.com/sprnlxX.gif

User Info: bikeblaster

bikeblaster
2 months ago#27
celebar posted...
rpgian posted...
All the time. Usually not to cheat so much as alter.

Also known as cheating.

No, it's known as alter. Learn english.

I changed the color of my shirt. I took away HP from myself. I demoted myself.

That's not cheating.

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
2 months ago#28
Every once and a while I will. If the game is taking too long or Grindy as hell.
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
2 months ago#29
after I have beaten a game I'll use stuff like that for some games like JC2, Saints Row 3 and 4 just to have fun goofing around in the game.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
2 months ago#30
SinisterSlay posted...
Yes often. Usually to avoid grind in games like nep or trails.

This. Always use it to avoid grindfests.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you use trainers or cheat engine tables for offline games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived