This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you use trainers or cheat engine tables for offline games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you use trainers or cheat engine tables for offline games?

User Info: Shinkoden

Shinkoden
4 weeks ago#51
Knighted Dragon posted...
Heisenberg312 posted...
That being said, I love Bloodborne and the dark souls series. I would never cheat on them because the difficulty is the reason I'm playing them in the first place.

Agree with this completely. When I use cheat engine it's just to skip hardcore grinds, and even then it's rare. I don't get people who cheat just to beat the game faster, like why even waste the money on the game? Game stories are trash compared to books, if you just want story go read a book.

Don't look at it as cheating to beat a game quicker but cheating to enjoy a game more. If a game gets frustrating to me I'd rather not spend hours getting past a certain part sometimes.

User Info: celebar

celebar
4 weeks ago#52
bikeblaster posted...
celebar posted...
rpgian posted...
All the time. Usually not to cheat so much as alter.

Also known as cheating.

No, it's known as alter. Learn english.

I changed the color of my shirt. I took away HP from myself. I demoted myself.

That's not cheating.

Word-thinking.

He used cheat engine to slow down game speed, give himself extra money, and complete quests. That's definitely cheating. Not judging but it is what it is.
thank you for reading my post
regards, celebar

User Info: celebar

celebar
4 weeks ago#53
SilentCaay posted...
bikeblaster posted...
celebar posted...
rpgian posted...
All the time. Usually not to cheat so much as alter.

Also known as cheating.

No, it's known as alter. Learn english.
I changed the color of my shirt. I took away HP from myself. I demoted myself.
That's not cheating.

Did you even read the examples of "altering" games? Giving himself free starting equipment, auto-completing quests, skywalking, infinite resources and neutering game speed in racing games? Cheating. Nothing wrong with cheating in single player games but it's very clearly cheating.

Yeah this.
thank you for reading my post
regards, celebar

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
4 weeks ago#54
Nope, never. Not that I have anything against it, mind you. It's an offline game, just do whatever you want.

But I don't cheat, specially because most games nowdays are too easy anyways. And if I feel that a game is too boring for some reason, I just stop playing it (rarely happens, though).
VERY curious cat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlD0e5DUp28
My Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/marcsm2008

User Info: GundamMonX

GundamMonX
4 weeks ago#55
It really depends. If something's just grindy, like collecting a bunch of 1 type of metal in Skyrim, I just added a bunch via console commands. It's not even gameplay; it's just saving time from doing the same thing over and over. Invincibility/adding items? Only really after I've finished the game and I'm screwing around to see what happens.
"If Keanu Reeves didn't look so non-Asian, he would never have made it into Hollywood."--LuminescentRule

User Info: Cobra1010

Cobra1010
4 weeks ago#56
Yeah, i used em when ever i come across a game with grind. Its a single player game, why the hell give it grind. I play to have fun. Not to have a second job after work.

Grind is only for multiplayer so the players with more time can feel good about themselves when they have better stuff than the other players.
GG Riot - http://i.imgur.com/PinGPhR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Hs8Y1vQ.png

User Info: zeroxx

zeroxx
4 weeks ago#57
Yeah, for SP games I don't even think about it when I'm fed up lol. I have better things to do, not to stuck at grindy games for the sake of it. Cheat Engine that is.

User Info: Perthboy

Perthboy
4 weeks ago#58
DMC4:SE to spawn bosses and learn combos in bloody palace.
Perthboy
Mine is I-------------------this----------------------I big.

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
4 weeks ago#59
Shinkoden posted...

Don't look at it as cheating to beat a game quicker but cheating to enjoy a game more. If a game gets frustrating to me I'd rather not spend hours getting past a certain part sometimes.

Personally, I enjoy it far more and find it far more satisfying to beat a hard part through skill when I can tell I've improved over my past self that couldn't beat it.

Basically, git gud
Proverbs 3:5 & Galatians 2:20 & John 14:6
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg

User Info: GigaNutz

GigaNutz
4 weeks ago#60
Some cheats i'll use will have to do with something like infinite gold keys in borderlands 2 that has random purple weapons.

Sometimes I'll use cheats and turn around and play a game on it's hardest setting but use something like no reloading and maybe something to do with skill tree points.

Sometimes the game will still be tough now nowhere near as frustrating.
To me that's what makes using cheats worth it.

I hate using cheats like infinite health or be invincible.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you use trainers or cheat engine tables for offline games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived