This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I see a lot more GTX 1050 game laptops lately

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I see a lot more GTX 1050 game laptops lately

User Info: kryptonsson

kryptonsson
1 month ago#1
I know this is the most economical gaming laptop but is this also best overall? or the safe bet all around?
Hey Hey PC game erryday

User Info: Legolas432

Legolas432
1 month ago#2
kryptonsson posted...
I know this is the most economical gaming laptop but is this also best overall? or the safe bet all around?

why buy a laptop and not a desktop?

User Info: Unsugarized_Foo

Unsugarized_Foo
1 month ago#3
Best? Nah. There's some with 1080s.

It's probably the best bang for your portable buck though
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana

User Info: Zephyrnos

Zephyrnos
1 month ago#4
Legolas432 posted...
kryptonsson posted...

Because maybe he wants a laptop and not a desktop? Seriously why do you people keep telling others to buy a desktop when they're looking for laptop suggestions/opinions?

On Topic: The 1050 laptop GPU is a safe bet all around. The 960M 4GB version is also a decent way to futureproof for 2-3 years.

User Info: cory1225

cory1225
1 month ago#5
Zephyrnos posted...
Legolas432 posted...
kryptonsson posted...

Because maybe he wants a laptop and not a desktop? Seriously why do you people keep telling others to buy a desktop when they're looking for laptop suggestions/opinions?

On Topic: The 1050 laptop GPU is a safe bet all around. The 960M 4GB version is also a decent way to futureproof for 2-3 years.

I disagree on the 960M

I've had it for 1.5 year, and it struggles on quite a few games to maintain decent framerates like skyrim special edition was unplayable for me

1060 and 1070, I think are the way to go for laptops
i5 6600k | GTX 1080 | 16Gb

User Info: oblique365

oblique365
1 month ago#6
Bad idea it will struggle. Ive heard the laptop version of the 1050 is cut down too.
i5 4590, Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A mobo, 8gb ram, samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd, Wd blue 1tb Hdd, Evga 500w psu, Corsair carbide spec01 case, Msi gtx 1060 6gb

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
1 month ago#7
Yeah I wouldn't get one, but I can understand since the 1050 uses much less power than the intel integrated, while producing much better graphics.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Lord_Smokeone

Lord_Smokeone
1 month ago#8
My Dell Inspiron w/e is called runs GTA 5 like garbage. It rarely (but it happens) stutters on HuniePop...freaking Huniepop. And I've got to tone down the settings for Rocket League.

It plays Skyrim and Dark Souls fine though...

User Info: Setzera

Setzera
1 month ago#9
I haven't looked in to the 10's, but for 9's I can vouch for 965m and up, however, I wouldn't go 960m. Seems like it should be close due to the number but it's not.

Edit:
Google'd it, both 1050 and 1050ti rank higher performance than 965m, so you should be fine depending on settings.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I see a lot more GTX 1050 game laptops lately

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived