This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

F***ing Windows 10 is *still* broken

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. F***ing Windows 10 is *still* broken

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
2 months ago#1
Remember how Windows 10 supposedly doesn't screw you up with update nonsense while you're actively using your computer in the middle of something? Well that's still a load of crap. I was just now playing a Supreme Commander skirmish, and suddenly got dumped out of the game with a "Windows 10 wants to reboot to install an update" notice. And of course, the way it tabbed out crashed the game - which I was *just* about to win.

Why the bloody hell can't Microsoft get their s*** together and make it work right?
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
2 months ago#2
Doesn't happen to me.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hP6BCy
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: Bossdog421

Bossdog421
2 months ago#3
We all know you were losing. Don't blame microsoft for you getting your ass kicked
Theres a little place where the sun sleeps late. Pours himself a shot of tequila.
Its a little place called Pleasure Island. Thats where Id like to feel ya.

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
2 months ago#4
KillerTruffle posted...
Remember how Windows 10 supposedly doesn't screw you up with update nonsense while you're actively using your computer in the middle of something? Well that's still a load of crap. I was just now playing a Supreme Commander skirmish, and suddenly got dumped out of the game with a "Windows 10 wants to reboot to install an update" notice. And of course, the way it tabbed out crashed the game - which I was *just* about to win.

Why the bloody hell can't Microsoft get their s*** together and make it work right?

I dunno, since windows 95 we've had screen savors able to figure out when you are using your computer. But windows update cannot.

Just remember, it is literally this easy.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms645616(v=vs.85).aspx
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
2 months ago#5
In the year I've been using it , that has never happened.

I don't understand what's going on .
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: Ciera

Ciera
2 months ago#6
KillerTruffle posted...

It is working as intended. Microsoft just changed their priorities. You, the end user and the experience you have with your own computer, are no longer of any importance to Microsoft. That's how it is now and moving forward.
I'll... shave that cat.

User Info: EpicKingdom_

EpicKingdom_
2 months ago#7
I still haven't had any real W10 issues since day 1.

User Info: Shinkoden

Shinkoden
2 months ago#8
Terantatek posted...
Doesn't happen to me.

This. Can't 100% blame user error since you maybe don't know how to turn it off and it is a crappy default setting, but I've setup enough computers with W10 and can tell you not one of them has done this when configured correctly.

User Info: KaizerLaw

KaizerLaw
2 months ago#9
So use windows 7 then.

User Info: ImaPC

ImaPC
2 months ago#10
I've never had that happen. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've had zero problems with W10 and it's been a joy to use.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. F***ing Windows 10 is *still* broken

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived