This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

F***ing Windows 10 is *still* broken

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. F***ing Windows 10 is *still* broken

User Info: arleas

arleas
4 weeks ago#11
The ultimate answer is to turn off the update service and if you care about windows updates then you turn it back on and let it update (or try to force it to update if you're impatient) and then turn it back off before you do anything that matters (like rendering a 5 hour video or playing a video game that you can't save in the middle).
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: SkittyOnWailord

SkittyOnWailord
4 weeks ago#12
My laptop and desktop have both had W10 for over a year each. I only ever had that problem once, right after I got the laptop. And that was only because I left all of the settings on default back then.
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
i7 5820K|Rampage V Extreme|32GB DDR4 Ripjaws 4|2xSLI GTX 980ti Lightning LE|HAF 932|Samsung 50inch 4K|HTC Vive

User Info: SnakePlisken94

SnakePlisken94
4 weeks ago#13
I haven't had an update in over a year after disabling he update service.
It also breaks ms's s*** store so you get two birds with one stone
just your typical butthurt basement dweller

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
4 weeks ago#14
Shinkoden posted...
Terantatek posted...
Doesn't happen to me.

This. Can't 100% blame user error since you maybe don't know how to turn it off and it is a crappy default setting, but I've setup enough computers with W10 and can tell you not one of them has done this when configured correctly.

I've turned it off, and had it set to 100% manual updates, because it not only gave me the reboot window, but when I first got Win10, it was actually *rebooting* me right out of games. Full restart, zero warning.

I finally re-enabled automatic updates with "ask me" because they'd supposedly fixed the issue, but apparently it's still too mentally handicapped to recognize when I'm using the computer and in the middle of something or not.

At least this time it didn't fully reboot, just asked me if I wanted to. I guess it's back to full manual and not even letting Windows check for updates, because there is still no excuse for this s***. This is the only issue I've ever had with Windows 10, but it's bulls*** regardless.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: jjyiz28

jjyiz28
4 weeks ago#15
im still using W7.. they plan on ending support on 2020.. but we'll see what happens when it gets near. MS may backpeddle since i believe worldwide, W7 is the most used windows.

User Info: betatech

betatech
4 weeks ago#16
Have you tried changing the 'active hours' setting?
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, CM 690 II. Win 10/Win8.1 x64.

User Info: xOmniCloudx

xOmniCloudx
4 weeks ago#17
I have had every update of W10 and it only ever gave my problems on my old dying laptop. On my new one every update was quick and gave no problems at all.
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.

User Info: Black_Assassin

Black_Assassin
4 weeks ago#18
My cabin on the Titanic is completely dry, dunno what the rest of the people are screaming about.
Want to cure diseases with your spare computing power?
http://folding.stanford.edu/

User Info: rusty12000

rusty12000
4 weeks ago#19
Yeah..... That's why I am still using 7..
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM

User Info: robert43s

robert43s
4 weeks ago#20
Can you even turn off windows update now in 10?
You can pause updates.
But I can no longer see the option to turn it off
Remember, it's only a game, have fun and enjoy.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. F***ing Windows 10 is *still* broken

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived