This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

F***ing Windows 10 is *still* broken

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. F***ing Windows 10 is *still* broken

User Info: GunmaN1905

GunmaN1905
4 weeks ago#21
Same thing just happened to me, luckily wasn't gaming.
Good old w7, I just turned off updates completely and checked manually every 10 days or so.

User Info: 1337toothbrush

1337toothbrush
4 weeks ago#22
Immediately the Microsoft ass-lickers go "hurr durr it never happened to me" as if that meant anything. It's happened to TC, it's happened to me, it's happened to many other people. f*** off with your s***ty defense of a garbage "feature".
:D
https://imgur.com/a/FU9H8

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
4 weeks ago#23
robert43s posted...
Can you even turn off windows update now in 10?
You can pause updates.
But I can no longer see the option to turn it off

Yes, you can disable the Windows Update service, and enable it whenever YOU feel like it.

I do this, specially because I HATE when Windows 10 downloads stuff while I'm using the PC. I just disable the Windows Update service, and I can enable it whenever I'm not using my PC.
VERY curious cat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlD0e5DUp28
My Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/marcsm2008

User Info: kelemvor

kelemvor
4 weeks ago#24
TC, no use complaining here. Microsoft could do a forced update to Windows 10 where Steam wouldn't work and half this board would still sing Microsoft's praises.

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
4 weeks ago#25
Doesn't happen to me because I shutdown my computer every night. If there's an update that needs to reboot, it doesn't last until the scheduled time, it gets updated when I try to shutdown. Plus the updates that need a reboot doesn't even take that long with an SSD.
i7-6700K | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | MSI z170a SLI PLUS | EVGA 650W G2 | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI
e7470 | i5-6300U | 8GB DDR4 | 256GB SSD | HD520

User Info: godplaysSNES

godplaysSNES
4 weeks ago#26
The forced reboots are s*** but I've luckily never had it happen while using the PC
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!

User Info: __Blight__

__Blight__
4 weeks ago#27
rusty12000 posted...
Yeah..... That's why I am still using 7..
"I see light to the east...mornings coming."

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
4 weeks ago#28
I've only ever noticed one windows update that effected me. I was watching a YouTube weekly newscast and it wanted to update in 5 minutes, so I added the video to watch later which saved my progress watching. Then I clicked the update button and went downstairs to get some water.

I came back upstairs two minutes later and it was all finished, other than stretching my legs and hydrating a bit I wasn't bothered at all.
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
4 weeks ago#29
Still using 7 for this reason and I won't change until games require me to do so. Windows 10 is trash and you couldn't pay me to use it.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
4 weeks ago#30
robert43s posted...
Can you even turn off windows update now in 10?
You can pause updates.
But I can no longer see the option to turn it off

You can, but it's not a straightforward menu option like it was in older versions. You have to actually disable the Windows Update service directly.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. F***ing Windows 10 is *still* broken

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived