This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

F***ing Windows 10 is *still* broken

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. F***ing Windows 10 is *still* broken

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
2 months ago#31
never had a single problem with the OS
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 months ago#32
You know, it must be because I shut my PC down every night/when not using it for an extended period of time, but the only time I've ever seen an update was when I went to shut down the PC and it said "update and shutdown", Windows 10 has not automatically updated on me yet while I was in the middle of something. Have you tried changing the "active hours" under update settings? You can also turn restart "off" under the update settings, which I've done.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Ashiva8910

Ashiva8910
2 months ago#33
Contact the Indians Microsoft imports and outsources to simultaneously.
i5-2500k @ 4.5GHz | Hyper EVO 212 | EVGA GTX 980Ti 6GB | 8GB DDR3 RAM | 256GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | 1TB HD | BenQ XL2420Z @144Hz | Fractal Design Define R4

User Info: Kano92

Kano92
2 months ago#34
Wait a second I thought I heard that MS didn't force automatic updates anymore, guess I was wrong.
PC-WiiU-PS4

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
2 months ago#35
Kano92 posted...
Wait a second I thought I heard that MS didn't force automatic updates anymore, guess I was wrong.

It doesn't matter if they do or not, you can easily turn them off yourself indefinitely
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: jjyiz28

jjyiz28
2 months ago#36
if you have W10 home, can you still disable auto update? or is the best you can do is only to defer

User Info: mariopaper

mariopaper
2 months ago#37
1337toothbrush posted...
Immediately the Microsoft ass-lickers go "hurr durr it never happened to me" as if that meant anything. It's happened to TC, it's happened to me, it's happened to many other people. f*** off with your s***ty defense of a garbage "feature".

Never happened to me and if it does, it doesn't happen nearly enough for me to throw a hissy fit.

User Info: 1337toothbrush

1337toothbrush
2 months ago#38
mariopaper posted...
1337toothbrush posted...
Immediately the Microsoft ass-lickers go "hurr durr it never happened to me" as if that meant anything. It's happened to TC, it's happened to me, it's happened to many other people. f*** off with your s***ty defense of a garbage "feature".

Never happened to me and if it does, it doesn't happen nearly enough for me to throw a hissy fit.

That doesn't help the people who do have the problem. Do you also think cancer or any other disease isn't a problem because you don't have it? f*** off.
:D
https://imgur.com/a/FU9H8

User Info: mariopaper

mariopaper
2 months ago#39
1337toothbrush posted...
mariopaper posted...
1337toothbrush posted...

That doesn't help the people who do have the problem. Do you also think cancer or any other disease isn't a problem because you don't have it? f*** off.

Cancer kills, this is a minor inconvenience that happens maybe a few times a year to some people and only wastes a few minutes, you f*** off.

User Info: Ciera

Ciera
2 months ago#40
A computer system that by design doesn't put the users experience first is as good as dead. Reliability is EVERYTHING. The threat of s*** randomly getting shut down with ZERO user input or intervention is as good as a death sentence when you depend on your computer to conduct whatever business it is you do on your computer.
I'll... shave that cat.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. F***ing Windows 10 is *still* broken

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived