This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

F***ing Windows 10 is *still* broken

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. F***ing Windows 10 is *still* broken

User Info: MUD VIPER

MUD VIPER
4 weeks ago#61
Ciera posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
Why the bloody hell can't Microsoft get their s*** together and make it work right?

It is working as intended. Microsoft just changed their priorities. You, the end user and the experience you have with your own computer, are no longer of any importance to Microsoft. That's how it is now and moving forward.

Thread.
Console bug testing has been outsourced to gamers now. For $60 you too can become a game tester.

User Info: SilentHawk29

SilentHawk29
4 weeks ago#62
JKatarn posted...
Toothbrush did an implied comparison by saying "Do you also think that cancer and other diseases aren't bad because you don't have them?", I found that very distasteful.

That's still not implying equivalence...

If I smash my finger, will it hurt?

If I lose my hand, will it hurt?

Just because one is more severe than the other, it does not mean one is now okay or good, nor does it imply that they hurt an equal amount.
Steam - SilentHawk29 || Z170-A, G1 GTX 1080, i5 6600K, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4
My car (on fire): http://i.imgur.com/ZoeZJ1b.jpg

User Info: Somato

Somato
4 weeks ago#63
you individual and personal experience =/= everyone's experience
ThePandaForest / Premature Tyrant is don_sf / DarKnight_sf

User Info: Hatsune_Miku

Hatsune_Miku
4 weeks ago#64
*sigh* Someday people will stop saying something is crap just because it's new and different than what they are used to. I get that people don't like some of the things Windows 10 does, but all the name calling is ridiculous. It's literally a fully functioning OS with many great features, and it's not it's fault users are too lazy to go through the setting page and customized the OS so it does what they want it to (or do a little research and make it happen, even if Windows doesn't want it). Not one complaint, that I have ever read on here, I would consider a legitimate complaint that should hinder somebody from actually getting Windows 10.... and I don't really want to deal with all the trolls that are going to leave nonsensical arguments that may happen from this post, so don't expect me to reply to, "hur dur, well Windows10 deleted my files." or some such nonsense.
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/zRHKHN

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 weeks ago#65
SilentHawk29 posted...
Just because one is more severe than the other, it does not mean one is now okay or good, nor does it imply that they hurt an equal amount.

I never implied that, I'm just saying that it is completely ludicrous/distasteful to compare a minor inconvenience with Windows occasionally rebooting on you to a terrible disease, how hard is that to understand? I'm sure if "l33t" went down to the local cancer ward at the children's hospital, all those kids would have plenty of sympathy for him that his computer is rebooting. Yes, the OS rebooting is annoying, and yes, it's probably not the best default behavior for updates, but no, comparing it to a debilitating disease is not cool. The fact that he would compare the two in order to try to get sympathy for his minor OS issue is disgusting.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
4 weeks ago#66
Hatsune_Miku posted...
*sigh* Someday people will stop saying something is crap just because it's new and different than what they are used to. I get that people don't like some of the things Windows 10 does, but all the name calling is ridiculous. It's literally a fully functioning OS with many great features, and it's not it's fault users are too lazy to go through the setting page and customized the OS so it does what they want it to (or do a little research and make it happen, even if Windows doesn't want it). Not one complaint, that I have ever read on here, I would consider a legitimate complaint that should hinder somebody from actually getting Windows 10.... and I don't really want to deal with all the trolls that are going to leave nonsensical arguments that may happen from this post, so don't expect me to reply to, "hur dur, well Windows10 deleted my files." or some such nonsense.

Except I have indeed set the hours I don't use it so Windows can do its updates then (which itself is absolutely bloody stupid, because Windows knows full well when I'm actively using the machine, providing mouse or keyboard input, etc.), and adjusted everything else within the arbitrary limits MS put in Windows 10. And you're damn right I'm going to criticize and call it cap when it crashes you out of something you were actively in the middle of, OUTSIDE the hours it's supposed to work on updates, with the FIRST notice that it wants to reboot.

I get that a lot of people are irresponsible with their computers and need more hand holding to keep things up to date. I have been building computers for a good 20 years and been using them more than 30. I do not need my hand held, and I do not need MS to just decide to do what it wants to my computer right in the middle of whatever I'm working on, causing it to crash. That is not a feature. It's bulls*** bad design.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: 1337toothbrush

1337toothbrush
4 weeks ago#67
JKatarn posted...
SilentHawk29 posted...

I never implied that, I'm just saying that it is completely ludicrous/distasteful to compare a minor inconvenience with Windows occasionally rebooting on you to a terrible disease, how hard is that to understand? I'm sure if "l33t" went down to the local cancer ward at the children's hospital, all those kids would have plenty of sympathy for him that his computer is rebooting. Yes, the OS rebooting is annoying, and yes, it's probably not the best default behavior for updates, but no, comparing it to a debilitating disease is not cool. The fact that he would compare the two in order to try to get sympathy for his minor OS issue is disgusting.

Why is it so hard for you to understand what an analogy is? Are you seriously so incapable?
:D
https://imgur.com/a/FU9H8

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 weeks ago#68
1337toothbrush posted...
JKatarn posted...
SilentHawk29 posted...

Why is it so hard for you to understand what an analogy is? Are you seriously so incapable?

I give up, you win. Your minor inconvenience is just as bad as a debilitating disease, the Pope just called and the entire Vatican is praying that Microsoft issues a patch so your eternal suffering can be abated. Christ, you must be one of the most deluded/self-centered people on here, and that's saying a lot.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: SilentHawk29

SilentHawk29
4 weeks ago#69
You keep thinking an analogy is for equivalent things. It's not.
Steam - SilentHawk29 || Z170-A, G1 GTX 1080, i5 6600K, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4
My car (on fire): http://i.imgur.com/ZoeZJ1b.jpg

User Info: Black_Assassin

Black_Assassin
4 weeks ago#70
1337toothbrush posted...

Brain problems.
Want to cure diseases with your spare computing power?
http://folding.stanford.edu/
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. F***ing Windows 10 is *still* broken

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived