This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

F***ing Windows 10 is *still* broken

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. F***ing Windows 10 is *still* broken

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
2 months ago#71
JKatarn posted...
"update and shutdown"

That sounds like a new feature. Last time I used Windows 10 the only way to install updates was to Restart, and restarting your PC via powering it down and back on didn't cut it. Had an update package pester me for a month because of that.

arleas posted...
I don't really have any sympathy for someone who wants to leave the update service on but never wants to update.

I kinda agree, but I can see some people legitimately wanting to avoid updates while needing to leave the service on for driver installation when they plug in new hardware. Hell, I wanted the OS updates but didn't want the driver updates that came with them.

Hatsune_Miku posted...
It's literally a fully functioning OS

While it is correct that an OS operating at 100% of designed parameters is "fully functioning" that doesn't mean that it's fully functional compared to other OSes if its missing expected and/or desired features.

JKatarn posted...
Toothbrush did an implied comparison by saying "Do you also think that cancer and other diseases aren't bad because you don't have them?", I found that very distasteful.

Wouldn't have made a difference had he said ingrown toenails instead of cancer though. The comparison was two (potential) scenarios where someone says, "I don't have this problem therefore the problem does not exist."

Hatsune_Miku posted...
it's not it's fault users are too lazy to go through the setting page and customized the OS so it does what they want it to (or do a little research and make it happen, even if Windows doesn't want it).

It kinda is Microsoft's and Windows' fault if users have to do research to get the OS to do something right in spite of itself, especially if older OSes did it "right" out of the box.

Hatsune_Miku posted...
Not one complaint, that I have ever read on here, I would consider a legitimate complaint that should hinder somebody from actually getting Windows 10....

What do you consider "legitimate" though?

I mean 10% of the games I tested under Windows 10 wouldn't work without some compatibility option enabled, something that happened with less than 1% of games under Windows 7. Hell, one game released for Windows 7 required Windows 95/98 compatibility. Even then Blades of Time would never run with audio under Windows 10, and Dragon Age Origins wouldn't run at all despite 3 days of trying to get it working.

Then there are the issues I had with Windows Update installing drivers that caused games using hardware PhysX to blue-screen my desktop, Windows 10 lobotomizing itself when I moved the Users folder to improve data security, and the advertisements and system feature ad pop-ups that crept in with the Creator's Update and had to be disabled through Cortana or whatever and not lock screen options where logic dictated they'd be.

Windows 10 had its moments where I didn't really notice a difference from Windows 7, but out of a 30 day trial period I spent at least a week just trying to get it to work properly.

KillerTruffle posted...
I do not need MS to just decide to do what it wants to my computer right in the middle of whatever I'm working on, causing it to crash. That is not a feature. It's bulls*** bad design.

In all fairness, that crashing is as much a problem with the game developers as it is Microsoft if not moreso. Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 4, and, IIRC, Fallouts 3 and New Vegas were alt-tab resistant if not proof, but Skyrim and Skyrim Speshul Ed(ition) crash instantly on alt-tab.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: mariopaper

mariopaper
2 months ago#72
Are you guys still arguing about that stupid analogy? Pretty sure I never said people weren't having problems just because it never happened to me, just saying you guys cry over such small and insignificant things, just like how you guys have been arguing about nothing for the past few days.

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
2 months ago#73
Marikhen posted...
In all fairness, that crashing is as much a problem with the game developers as it is Microsoft if not moreso. Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 4, and, IIRC, Fallouts 3 and New Vegas were alt-tab resistant if not proof, but Skyrim and Skyrim Speshul Ed(ition) crash instantly on alt-tab.

It may be *partly* the game devs' fault, but I'm not inclined to say it is much. On older OSes, I don't recall having the same crash issues when alt-tabbing out for something. On Windows 10, not only can I not alt-tab, I also can't run it dual screen like I used to without crashing. That tells me it's an issue with Windows 10, not the game. And considering the game is 10 years old, and was built for XP and/or Vista, it's hard to blame the devs themselves for their game not working well two versions later. Regardless, I had no problems like this on 7, so I do blame Windows. Especially because its settings don't even work the way they're supposed to, much less the way they should.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. F***ing Windows 10 is *still* broken

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived