This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Upgrading Video Card - 1080 Ti or 1070?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Upgrading Video Card - 1080 Ti or 1070?

User Info: ajxh

ajxh
3 months ago#21
The 1070 Ti is (allegedly) just around the corner. It might be what you're looking for. I am guessing you're avoiding the 1080 because it is close enough in price to the 1080 Ti, but the 1070 Ti will probably be just shy of 1080 performance at a lower price.

User Info: Jonbazookaboz

Jonbazookaboz
3 months ago#22
Bang for buck. Cannot beat 1070.

And dont go sli. The way things are looking the big manufacturers and developers dont like it and are gearing the future towards one good card for performance. Sli will eventually limit your options. Saying that if you are dual 1080ti with more money than sense then dual away- if a game only allows one card then at least u have one of the best lol
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
3 months ago#23
At this stage of the game I would wait for the 1100 series that will be out soon. The 1170 will be the power of a 1080 ti and run cheaper.
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt, Steam: Beasthunt
Acts 2:38

User Info: loader963

loader963
3 months ago#24
Dude I don't believe the 1070 would be much of a upgrade ( it's comparable to the 980ti) from what you have. The 1080 ti would but at this point in the game I'm not sure if I wouldnt just wait til the next gen unless you are running high fps or higher resolution monitor.

Edit: Gaming on single 1080p monitor you might as well keep waiting since it's been this long.
I can be patient, but I'm not waiting!

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
3 months ago#25
The 1080ti would be a huge jump.
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
3 months ago#26
You dont need to upgrade
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: Master_Springs

Master_Springs
3 months ago#27
Ghstrdr13Plyr posted...
Haven't quite made the jump to 4k for the monitor....TV is 4k but I'm running this setup on a BenQ GW2450 monitor O.o

Just curious, what is up with BenQ owners always announcing it like it's the s***? It's like the PC version of vegans. Seems like a hype train a bunch of people bought into because some youtubers said or something.

Like, you didn't even mention it was a 1080 monitor. You were just like "BenQ Brah, look it up".

I.. just don't understand what spawns this behavior.

User Info: Ghstrdr13Plyr

Ghstrdr13Plyr
3 months ago#28
Master_Springs posted...
Ghstrdr13Plyr posted...
Haven't quite made the jump to 4k for the monitor....TV is 4k but I'm running this setup on a BenQ GW2450 monitor O.o

Just curious, what is up with BenQ owners always announcing it like it's the s***? It's like the PC version of vegans. Seems like a hype train a bunch of people bought into because some youtubers said or something.

Like, you didn't even mention it was a 1080 monitor. You were just like "BenQ Brah, look it up".

I.. just don't understand what spawns this behavior.

I was hoping that stating that I haven't made the jump to 4k for the monitor was self-explanatory but I was buzzed while replying to the thread. And was providing information on what monitor I'm using but my bad for being not being general of type of monitor. Not a BenQ promoter or anything but just the monitor I have now.

At the time, it was the best monitor for what I was looking so I don't really have brand preference.
GIGABYTE GA-G1.Sniper Z97, Intel i7-4790K 4.0 Ghz, EVGA GTX 980, G.SKILL 16GB DDR3 1600 (1x Sniper Series and 1x Ripjaws), HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3 1866

User Info: Ghstrdr13Plyr

Ghstrdr13Plyr
3 months ago#29
loader963 posted...
Dude I don't believe the 1070 would be much of a upgrade ( it's comparable to the 980ti) from what you have. The 1080 ti would but at this point in the game I'm not sure if I wouldnt just wait til the next gen unless you are running high fps or higher resolution monitor.

Edit: Gaming on single 1080p monitor you might as well keep waiting since it's been this long.

I could wait it out and see where the tech goes in the next year. I bought the 1070 a couple days ago but probably will return it for the sake of sticking it out a little more with the 980. After almost 4 years, I have the itch to upgrade or build something new.

Upgrading would seem like the logical step for me then if the 1070 or 1080Ti aren't that big of jump as I was hoping.
GIGABYTE GA-G1.Sniper Z97, Intel i7-4790K 4.0 Ghz, EVGA GTX 980, G.SKILL 16GB DDR3 1600 (1x Sniper Series and 1x Ripjaws), HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3 1866

User Info: kortez1

kortez1
3 months ago#30
This thread is tl;dr...just came to say that if you're cool throwing money around for a 1000W PSU, then get the 1080ti. You have a 980, so a 1070 won't be worth the marginal bump in performance imo. Don't skimp.
i7-4790k // Asus Z97-AR // 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro // Gigabyte G1 970 // Samsung 850 EVO 500GB // EVGA 750w G2 // Fractal Design R4
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Upgrading Video Card - 1080 Ti or 1070?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived