This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think I've reinstalled Windows 10 about 4 times in the past 6 months.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I think I've reinstalled Windows 10 about 4 times in the past 6 months.

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
1 month ago#1
Really, I don't know how the normal user can stand not completely f***ing things up on a monthly basis.
Judge, Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. | http://hwbot.org/user/secretdragoon/
You're a regular Jack Kerouac

User Info: cody4783

cody4783
1 month ago#2
And here I am, running the same W10 install that was an upgrade from W8.1 from a bit over 2 years ago when it was first available. It's survived both that time AND me swapping motherboard+CPU in an upgrade.

Really, it amazes me how people can f*** up their system so much in a small amount of time. And those same people that 'have to' resort to a reinstall still belive they are computer experts.
PC (1/2017) http://i.imgur.com/0SVA6BP.png
HTC Vive. Embrace the VRevolution

User Info: jjyiz28

jjyiz28
1 month ago#3
reinstall W7 . problem solved

Judgmenl
1 month ago#4
cody4783 posted...
And here I am, running the same W10 install that was an upgrade from W8.1 from a bit over 2 years ago when it was first available. It's survived both that time AND me swapping motherboard+CPU in an upgrade.

Really, it amazes me how people can f*** up their system so much in a small amount of time. And those same people that 'have to' resort to a reinstall still belive they are computer experts.

The thing is I went 3 years on a Windows 10 install on my old system without any huge issues. Then I built my current system and I keep on f***ing around with stuff (Went to the latest Insider Preview and now my Networking is broken). Previously, I had some very odd occurrence where I couldn't install Visual Studio, and previous to that an unstable memory OC corrupted some system files (I think).

Now my excuses are basically inexcusable, I am screwing around with stuff that shouldn't be screwed around with. I'd consider myself pretty knowledgeable too so your normal user is possibly less accident prone to me.

Now suddenly Chrome automatically starts itself (based on its last session) when windows starts. I am not sure why this is happening. It's very odd. Also My Virtaul Box install is completely borked and there's no Hardware Acceleration when starting up Virtual Machines regardless of AMD-V being enabled.

jjyiz28 posted...
reinstall W7 . problem solved

lol. I have a 7 install that I use for Benchmarking. 7 is garbage compared to 10.

User Info: cody4783

cody4783
1 month ago#5
I mean, yeah, those are strange issues. But the Insider builds are basically beta testing, with the expectation of potential issues that haven't been sussed out yet. It kind of comes with the territory to have issues when you mess around with non-standard, unfinished things.

Any reason you don't dual boot test builds or run a virtual machine when you want to play around?
PC (1/2017) http://i.imgur.com/0SVA6BP.png
HTC Vive. Embrace the VRevolution

Judgmenl
1 month ago#6
cody4783 posted...
I mean, yeah, those are strange issues. But the Insider builds are basically beta testing, with the expectation of potential issues that haven't been sussed out yet. It kind of comes with the territory to have issues when you mess around with non-standard, unfinished things.

Any reason you don't dual boot test builds or run a virtual machine when you want to play around?

At this point there really isn't.

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
1 month ago#7
Judgmenl posted...
I don't know how the normal user can stand not completely f***ing things up on a monthly basis

You don't understand how people can use a computer and not f*** it up?
That explain a whole lot.
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: shmirlywhirl

shmirlywhirl
1 month ago#8
wildog2006 posted...
Judgmenl posted...
I don't know how the normal user can stand not completely f***ing things up on a monthly basis

You don't understand how people can use a computer and not f*** it up?
That explain a whole lot.

After reading TC'S follow up I think this was the joke we missed.
Now with 100% real fruit juice
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I think I've reinstalled Windows 10 about 4 times in the past 6 months.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived