This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gearbox Abandons Battleborn After This Year

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gearbox Abandons Battleborn After This Year

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
2 months ago#1
http://www.pcgamer.com/after-the-fall-update-development-on-battleborn-will-cease/

One more update and then it's time to pay our respects.

@CliffyB
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: ritsuka66

ritsuka66
2 months ago#2
Lawbreaker goonaa be the next one. Just watch...........
Life....Hope...Dreams, What are these things? And where are they going? These things... I will destroy! -KEFKA -

User Info: cory1225

cory1225
2 months ago#3
I'm surprised they even still support it, I played it for a day then put it on ebay, and got all my money back lol

Game was bad

Also refunded lawbreakers but only because the community was really small, that game actually wasn't that bad.
i5 6600k | GTX 1080 | 16Gb

User Info: evilpresident

evilpresident
2 months ago#4
I regret spending 15€ on that game.
Nothing to report here

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
2 months ago#5
I thought they already abandoned it?

User Info: Masamune_DS

Masamune_DS
2 months ago#6
They invested a significant amount of time and money into that project. Of course they wouldn't just sit back and let it die. Sometimes it is inevitable, but you can't blame them for trying. Though, at the beginning, you certainly can't say they launched the game at the best of time.
If a wizard turns me into Dawn then I would sooo touch myself every single night. ~ SoulGainDestiny

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
2 months ago#7
No surprise. I played it during the open beta and after launch but it was pretty much destined to be either F2P or abandonware. After the other hero shooter settled in, there was 15-30 minute queue times (usually longer for pve content) and even when you could get into a match it was mainly against premade veterans who wipe the floor with PUG's. All in all, boring wait times for matches that weren't very fun.

Press F to pay respects.
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

User Info: evilpresident

evilpresident
2 months ago#8
Ultimate_Noob posted...
No surprise. I played it during the open beta and after launch but it was pretty much destined to be either F2P or abandonware. After the other hero shooter settled in, there was 15-30 minute queue times (usually longer for pve content) and even when you could get into a match it was mainly against premade veterans who wipe the floor with PUG's. All in all, boring wait times for matches that weren't very fun.

Press F to pay respects.

This. I played one match online. Took 40 minutes to find a match and it was me as a measly lvl 2 guy teamed up with lvl99 dudes vs 5 lvl 99 dudes.
Nothing to report here

User Info: Code 51 50

Code 51 50
2 months ago#9
You mean the game (LB) didn't have any kind of server browser? Just matchmaking? On a PC arena shooter?
Orestes417 - "Do it essentially one handed all the time. Granted, I have had entirely too much practice."

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
2 months ago#10
Code 51 50 posted...
Just matchmaking? On a PC arena shooter?

To be fair, Overwatch didn't either, and even then the server browser isn't much good.

But yeah, Battleborn was a total failure. I can only hope that the PUBG likes will follow the same demise. Try some new ideas for once.

It actually makes me happy that Battleborn failed. I f***ing hate Gearbox and 2K. Both are slimy companies. It's just a shame Borderlands is a Gearbox game.
Specs: i7 4790k@4.6GHz |EVGA 1080 FTW| 16GB RAM - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST US PRESIDENT!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gearbox Abandons Battleborn After This Year

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived