This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Scientific studies about modern FPS causing brain damage. (Squints at Destiny 2)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Scientific studies about modern FPS causing brain damage. (Squints at Destiny 2)

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
4 weeks ago#21
Crysiania posted...
Well we do know for a fact bungie/activision hired psychologists to make a really addictive game with destiny.

It just feels dirty tbh.

They need a refund.
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt, Steam: Beasthunt
Acts 2:38

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
4 weeks ago#22
I have a friend who got addicted to Destinyast semester. Considering what's going on with him now, I believe this study 100%.

But that said

ZaruenKosai posted...
RPGS For The Win!

Cool_Dude667 posted...
This is why strategy and tactical games are the best
Z97A | 4690k 4.6GHz | Hyper 212 Evo | EVGA GTX 1080ti | EVGA GS 650w | 16GB DDR3 | WDB 3TB |128GB SSD | Toshiba 500GB | Challenger S | Acer G257HU | LG 27UD68 |

User Info: Shinkoden

Shinkoden
4 weeks ago#23
Let's get real here, GameFaqs message boards cause brain damage.

User Info: Mr kitty

Mr kitty
4 weeks ago#24
Oh that's why most fps geeks always flipping the damn car.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeapGamingMedia

User Info: XDummyX

XDummyX
4 weeks ago#25
ZaruenKosai posted...
RPGS For The Win!

Yea nobody ever tunes out during rpgs. :)

User Info: PlayerAnonymous

PlayerAnonymous
4 weeks ago#26
Remember during the old days where fps games felt like puzzles and had actual challenge?
"Better part of valor! Better part of valor!"

User Info: TrashPandaJedi

TrashPandaJedi
4 weeks ago#27
Im sure brain dead games like LoL are much worse
http://i.imgur.com/mLhEeaZ.gifv
Death Road to Canada = 10/10

User Info: kevintje1070

kevintje1070
4 weeks ago#28
s. The experiment was done on 100 test subjects who were asked to play 90 hours of FPS’ like Call of Duty, Killzone and Borderlands. According to the report, after playing these games, the participants showed a noticeably smaller level of grey matter in the brain compared to someone who doesn’t play video games at all.

Well yeah duh if you ask someone to play 90 hours of those games.

They probs don't factor other stuff to keep your brain in balance such as fitness, eating healthy, sleeping at the right time, going out every once in a while, etc.

Of course your brain's gonna get detoriated if you only game and if you're a couch potato.
bruv
3DS FC: 4786-0141-0057

User Info: Spaced92

Spaced92
4 weeks ago#29
Sorry, I only read scientific studies that claim games make me smart and stuff.
Geforce GTX whatever, i7 something or rather, some sticks of ram, an SSD and a Hard Drive with stuff on it.

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
4 weeks ago#30
All of these studies are pointless if you simply do things in moderation. It's not a games fault that people are f***ing lazy.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Scientific studies about modern FPS causing brain damage. (Squints at Destiny 2)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived