This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Monitor issues

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New Monitor issues

User Info: phyrex318

phyrex318
2 months ago#11
Bump.

Still needing some help figuring this out.

User Info: Jonbazookaboz

Jonbazookaboz
2 months ago#12
Forget 4k. 2k 144hz is a much better sweet spot
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"

User Info: phyrex318

phyrex318
2 months ago#13
Jonbazookaboz posted...
Forget 4k. 2k 144hz is a much better sweet spot

That doesn't really help me and the Monitor I have right now but thanks for that thought.

User Info: xk_gman

xk_gman
2 months ago#14
phyrex318 posted...
So bit of an update.

I decided to use the DisplayPort cable that came with my Monitor since the HDMI both Xbox, Cheapy, and stock w/Monitor kept causing the screen flickering issue.

I plugged in the Display Port Cable and all my problems with stuttering and flickering went away completely! I can turn HotS up to extreme 1440 and mid 4K and it works just fine and dandy now.

My new question is and forgive my ignorance, the hell is a Display Port Cable and is it inferior to HDMI? I noticed with this Cable plugged in Skyrim now refuses to allow me to pick a resolution, tho it looks like it defaulted to 1440 with all mods enabled.

Can anyone explain the difference and will I see less performance out of this Cable?

display port is just as good if not better than HDMI. I use it for my 144hz gsync monitor
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New Monitor issues

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived