This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Graphics card suggestions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Graphics card suggestions

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
4 weeks ago#11
you should be able to find a s***ty version of gtx 1060 3GB for that price. (Canadian prices)
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: Silvererazor

Silvererazor
4 weeks ago#12
Just out of curiousity. I'm not that familiar with canadian economy. But if you look at the average income of a canadian houshold and the cost of the hardware. They are pretty much the same(if you convert the currency). Additionaly the average living expenses in the US are a little bit higher, than in Canada.
So why do canadians always say "our hardware costs much more than in the US", while it costs basicaly the same.

zhenghan
4 weeks ago#13
Silvererazor posted...
Just out of curiousity. I'm not that familiar with canadian economy. But if you look at the average income of a canadian houshold and the cost of the hardware. They are pretty much the same(if you convert the currency). Additionaly the average living expenses in the US are a little bit higher, than in Canada.
So why do canadians always say "our hardware costs much more than in the US", while it costs basicaly the same.

well some cards are just more than the actual exchange rate. probably due to the etherium craze, 1 reason or another, can't explain. either way graphics card market is ****ed up right now.

I can say I was in a similar situation as TC 1 or 2 weeks ago, with around $300 CDN budget I ended up getting the Asus Strix 1050 TI 4GB for $219 on amazon.ca. TBH the card isn't a really good fit for Ryzen 5 1600 (unless you're okay with gaming at 720P), but for me it's more than enough since my CPU is actually bottlenecking it....

I wouldn't actually suggest the GTX 1060 3GB either, because eventually that 3GB VRAM will screw you over. It may be better to just save up the extra money and get the GTX 1060 6GB even though it's over your budget.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: Legolas432

Legolas432
4 weeks ago#14
ArkonBlade posted...
Legolas432 posted...
Terantatek posted...
Gtx 1060 6gb

$341 huh thats a bit expensive. I do have a question tho, why do things like evga 06g p4 6163 KR, and other different models pop up when i type the name of the graphics card. But it says it has the same chipset, but i don't know what this means. if you don't mind explaining that would be great.

$341??? don't know where your looking at but Newegg has the 3GB version for around $210 and the 6GB one for around $265.

I live in canada, prices are a lot higher than the states.

Legolas432
4 weeks ago#15
Silvererazor posted...

Bro not even close, do you know how expensive some of the houses here are? a average 3-2 bedroom place in toronto is a bit over $1 million.

Legolas432
4 weeks ago#16
zhenghan posted...
Silvererazor posted...

well some cards are just more than the actual exchange rate. probably due to the etherium craze, 1 reason or another, can't explain. either way graphics card market is ****ed up right now.

I can say I was in a similar situation as TC 1 or 2 weeks ago, with around $300 CDN budget I ended up getting the Asus Strix 1050 TI 4GB for $219 on amazon.ca. TBH the card isn't a really good fit for Ryzen 5 1600 (unless you're okay with gaming at 720P), but for me it's more than enough since my CPU is actually bottlenecking it....

I wouldn't actually suggest the GTX 1060 3GB either, because eventually that 3GB VRAM will screw you over. It may be better to just save up the extra money and get the GTX 1060 6GB even though it's over your budget.

Are you sure? a lot of people have been recommending the 1060 3gb to me.

zhenghan
4 weeks ago#17
Legolas432 posted...
zhenghan posted...
Silvererazor posted...

Are you sure? a lot of people have been recommending the 1060 3gb to me.

that's cuz with that budget 1060 3GB is the most powerful card you could get.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Graphics card suggestions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived