This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Dark Souls 1 even worth playing on PC?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is Dark Souls 1 even worth playing on PC?

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
4 weeks ago#51
gideond posted...
Bleu_Skie posted...
I noticed smoother combat and easier movement. Things involving jumps were the only draw back I noticed. What actions were you talking about?

Primarily jumps attacks, especially off higher surfaces. Take the first boss in Undead Asylum. Playing vanilla I could jump attack off the ledge and hit for about half his health scale with no issues. At 60 FPS I could literally watch the character finish the hit in mid-air and then just bounce off the boss and instead doing no damage while taking massive fall damage. I saw this consistently with pretty much every enemy I tried to start a fight with this way. Ground combat was fairly normal once I just got use to the feel of the new timing. Very short jump attacks seem to work okay as well. But even medium range attacks had problems for me. Take broken bridge right before the cathedral where you could jump attack one of the two archers on the bridge below. Even that mid range attack always fails for me at 60 FPS. The actual attack always completes too early and I just bounce off the target. Works perfectly every time at 30 FPS.

Interesting. I noticed the distance thing, but never noticed the plunging attack thing. I've missed them on both versions ( where I would seemingly bounce or slide down the side of a larger enemy). Tbh tho, I can count the number of places I would use a plunging attack on one hand.

My original point still stands tho as far as I can tell. If all things are equal (resolution, graphics, glitches,etc), no one chooses 30 over 60. They arent equal and not really a matter of prefrence.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
4 weeks ago#52
Maybe I'll try the patch if I play again some day. I never looked into it since I (incorrectly it would seem) thought it would speed up the combat and I like the pace of it.

For DS2 I definitely used the analog modification though. Without it that game has a terrible system that tries to make the movement lock to eight directions or something.

User Info: dioxxys

dioxxys
4 weeks ago#53
Yo guys whats easy way to get DS3 working on DS again?

I used to use DS3 Tool and Better DS3 but DS3Tools starting messing up with its license expiration crap.

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
4 weeks ago#54
dioxxys posted...
Yo guys whats easy way to get DS3 working on DS again?

I used to use DS3 Tool and Better DS3 but DS3Tools starting messing up with its license expiration crap.

Search "scp ps3." Should be the first result.

Edit: also used x360ce. might be an option.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: dioxxys

dioxxys
4 weeks ago#55
thanks
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is Dark Souls 1 even worth playing on PC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived