This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

NVIDIA Tesla V100 tested: near unbelievable GPU power

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. NVIDIA Tesla V100 tested: near unbelievable GPU power

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 weeks ago#11
Beasthunt posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
Is that site even to be trusted?

Not "trusted" but they clearly have some insight, but over hype everything.

WCCFTech just posts every rumor as news. Obviously, some of those are true, others are not.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: Mr kitty

Mr kitty
4 weeks ago#12
It's basically the same jump from Maxwell to Pascal in term of performance. Although, doesn't rely of clockspeed increase which is a good thing.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeapGamingMedia

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
4 weeks ago#13
Mr kitty posted...
It's basically the same jump from Maxwell to Pascal in term of performance. Although, doesn't rely of clockspeed increase which is a good thing.

Lets hope for good overclocking potential too just like Maxwell and Pascal.
Ryzen 1600X @4GHz | H90 | GTX 1080 @2GHz | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Acer Predator 28" 4K GSync Display
Playing: Quake Champions | Tekken 7

User Info: lightningbugx

lightningbugx
3 weeks ago#14
Let me give you all what this means for potential consumer Volta GPUs.

If Nvidia follows Pascal's plan, cutting down from GP100 to GP102 and GP104, for Volta, I will give you a few numbers...

Scenario 1
GV102 = Titan Xv
This will be 33% more powerful than Titan Xp because the die contains 2 more render pipes with the exact same specs.

GV104 and GV106
The GTX 1180 will be slightly better than the Titan Xp due to being the full die with 1080ti's memory. This will also cost somewhere between Titan Xp and 1080ti.
The GTX 1170 will be equivalent to the existing GTX 1080ti, costing maybe slightly less than the 1080ti.
The GTX 1160 will be equivalent to the existing GTX 1080, costing about the same as the 1080.
The GTX 1150 will be equivalent to the existing GTX 1060. costing about the same as the 1060.
A GTX 1140 will be introduced to be equivalent to GTX 1050, costing about the same as the 1050.

Scenario 2
Volta GPUs match specs with Pascal GPUs, gaining minor clock boosts due to 16nm to 12nm/14nm shift and using GDDR6 for the 1070 equivalent. Unfortunately, the performance boost will be lacking due to making the chips having the exact same specs.

What am I saying? Volta is showing no performance improvements for the consumer GPU market. The actual performance boost will come from Nvidia making the dies bigger, adding 2 render pipes (1280 CUDA Cores, 80 Texture Units, 32 ROPS) to each series, adding a xx40 series to match the 1050. Making the dies bigger will incur higher costs, resulting in same performance per cost ratio as Pascal.

Don't have high expectations for Volta.
Ryzen 1800X, 16GB 3600 MHz CAS15 DDR4, 2x Radeon R9 390X, GA-AX370-Gaming K7
x86 is holding back PCs.

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
3 weeks ago#15
oblique365 posted...
If you want hbm2 so badly pony up for this http://www.pny.com/nvidia-quadro-gp100. It outperforms a 1080ti gaming.

hold on while i sell my right kidney
I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. NVIDIA Tesla V100 tested: near unbelievable GPU power

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived