This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How big is your HDD or SSD?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How big is your HDD or SSD?

User Info: Termin8r

Termin8r
3 months ago#11
250GB NVMe SSD for OS, programs, and AAA games, 500GB SATA SSD for every other game, and a 4TB HDD for mass media storage.
https://i.imgur.com/e6zStfw.gif

User Info: Etner

Etner
3 months ago#12
betatech posted...
Etner posted...
CursedPanther posted...
1 x 1TB SSD, 1 x 128GB SSD, 1 x 256GB SSD, 2 x 3TB HDD, 1 x 4TB external HDD, 1 x 6TB external HDD.

These are the ones connected currently.

Why in the world would you need that much space, holy crap on a cracker.

On topic: currently using a 1TB HDD in my laptop, but my build will have a 120GB SSD + 2TB HDD.

Why are people shocked that someone may need allot of HDDs these days?

I have a 4TB on my server dedicated to just handling backups of different systems.

Not that I'm complaining or anything. But that just seems insane. Unless you have to save some ridiculous amount of data (and I can't imagine what that would be), I can't see a single reason having more than 10TB at the absolute most. Unless you use it for some other reason that isn't for saving videos + pictures + games.

Guess you could use a 16TB setup for having a buttload of games installed, but that's mostly lazyness, I think.

User Info: Termin8r

Termin8r
3 months ago#13
Not everyone is just a mere consumer. If you're a content creator who likes to archive all your videos then it's pretty easy to fill up several hard drives.
https://i.imgur.com/e6zStfw.gif

User Info: robert_rangersu

robert_rangersu
3 months ago#14
250GB SSD and 2TB HDD.
PC, Xbox One, PS4 Pro.

User Info: AsucaHayashi

AsucaHayashi
3 months ago#15
120GB samsung evo SSD for OS and programs
480GB kingston UV400 SSD for games that can take advantage of it(got it for close to 50% off during black friday which is awesome)
1x 1TB and 2x 2TB HDDs

with my DVD burner i've maxed out my available mobo ports xd

might switch to an external BD burner and free up the slot for another HDD at some point.
Not being able to land shoryuken consistently on one method of input as opposed to another is a matter of preference - zedzilla
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg

User Info: OlorinTheOtaku

OlorinTheOtaku
3 months ago#16
I have two 74 GIG hard drives in my PC, an 8 GIG flash drive & a 32 GIG flashdrive. Then a 4 GIG SD card for my phone & a 16 GIG SD card for my tablet.

I don't really have a gaming rig (I game on consoles & handhelds) that's why its so small.
"Just because something is fictional, doesn't mean its not real." Find me on Twitter: @OlorinTheOtaku

User Info: Neoprime616

Neoprime616
3 months ago#17
2TB SSD, 2TB HHD, plan on in future for a 500gb SSD M2, and a 8TB HHD.

User Info: richisdisturbed

richisdisturbed
3 months ago#18
2TB & 1TB HDD's. Need to pickup an SSD at sompoint, any recomendations?
Idiots voting for idiots.

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
3 months ago#19
I think 128 for the OS and then a 1tb wd and a 1tb external HDD.
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt, Steam: Beasthunt
Acts 2:38

User Info: betatech

betatech
3 months ago#20
Etner posted...
betatech posted...
Etner posted...
CursedPanther posted...
1 x 1TB SSD, 1 x 128GB SSD, 1 x 256GB SSD, 2 x 3TB HDD, 1 x 4TB external HDD, 1 x 6TB external HDD.

These are the ones connected currently.

Why in the world would you need that much space, holy crap on a cracker.

On topic: currently using a 1TB HDD in my laptop, but my build will have a 120GB SSD + 2TB HDD.

Why are people shocked that someone may need allot of HDDs these days?

I have a 4TB on my server dedicated to just handling backups of different systems.

Not that I'm complaining or anything. But that just seems insane. Unless you have to save some ridiculous amount of data (and I can't imagine what that would be), I can't see a single reason having more than 10TB at the absolute most. Unless you use it for some other reason that isn't for saving videos + pictures + games.

Guess you could use a 16TB setup for having a buttload of games installed, but that's mostly lazyness, I think.

There are different scenarios I can think of.

To use your example, HD films can easily be over a dozen GBs and people may have a slow connection or just like the convenience of having their games readily available (I don't see how this is lazy, it's not on consoles where you may get up to change a disc).

RAID as well can require multiple disks even though the usable size is less e.g. RAID 1 where you use 2x4TB for 4TB content.

Content creation can take up allot of space, a low compressed capture can easily add up (which ideally you want until the final version to avoid quality loss).
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, CM 690 II. Win 10/Win8.1 x64.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How big is your HDD or SSD?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived