This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why pay for Early Access titles?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why pay for Early Access titles?

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
4 weeks ago#31
arleas posted...
If you got something that you could play and it was fun, it wasn't vaporware.

To be fair, it might not have been fun. However, I do agree it's not vaporware. I got one game on Early Access that went nowhere: it's called Nekro - the developers seem to have had a falling out, so what ended up happening was that work on the game ceased and they even pulled it from being sold. Anybody who bought it retained their copy, of course.

This kind of sucks, as the game was pretty good and could have been an excellent little title had it come out, yet I would never really say it is "vaporware" in any capacity - it's out there and it's playable, also pretty fun. I'd much rather have that than an actual vaporware.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 weeks ago#32
Cause all games are technically Early Access. Even AAA games. I mean look at all the patches that come out for it later.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: saltedham

saltedham
4 weeks ago#33
yohabroha posted...
And then you have PUBG, where the content isn't expanding the base game, or even adding anything weapons or useful items to the game, but is just cosmetic

?. new weapons have been added. multi core support, fog type weather, grenade system overhaul. cracking down on botters. work on new map continues. ect.

patch notes from 9-11
https://www.playbattlegrounds.com/news/90.pu
(X)_(X)
SUSANO'O!!!!!

User Info: Monopoman

Monopoman
4 weeks ago#34
Plenty of great games have come out of early access and plenty have become nothing. It's just a hit or miss thing, but yes I don't agree with buying into early access unless the game is already good enough.

Like I bought into 2 early access games recently...

Dead Cells
Streets of Rogue

I was happy with what both games were offering in early access so I feel that even if the game never gets "fully released" I already felt I got my money's worth. Both devs seem pretty damn good though, and I think both games will eventually hit release.
BF ID: Birck #1559845599
Leads: Regil, Shion, Blaze

User Info: Monopoman

Monopoman
4 weeks ago#35
captsplatter_1 posted...
Cause all games are technically Early Access. Even AAA games. I mean look at all the patches that come out for it later.

It's not quite the same thing the difference between release and early access is how much content is available not about patches that fix s***. Most early access games are like 60-70% complete at best and they are missing good chunks of content in their game. Sure some AAA games have come out in a s***ty state like Batman Arkham Knight but all the content was done they weren't missing things like the final boss fight the game was just broken as s*** and poorly optimized.
BF ID: Birck #1559845599
Leads: Regil, Shion, Blaze

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
4 weeks ago#36
Another thing.
I've got an 80 game backlog of finished , quality games.
I also have 70 games on my wishlist that are finished, quality games.

Why would I spend money on a game that may or may not ever be finished.?
Answer: I wouldn't
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 weeks ago#37
Born Lucky posted...
Another thing.
I've got an 80 game backlog of finished , quality games.
I also have 70 games on my wishlist that are finished, quality games.

Why would I spend money on a game that may or may not ever be finished.?
Answer: I wouldn't

I had fun with a few early access games. It can be a gamble though.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
4 weeks ago#38
saltedham posted...
yohabroha posted...
And then you have PUBG, where the content isn't expanding the base game, or even adding anything weapons or useful items to the game, but is just cosmetic

?. new weapons have been added. multi core support, fog type weather, grenade system overhaul. cracking down on botters. work on new map continues. ect.

patch notes from 9-11
https://www.playbattlegrounds.com/news/90.pu

paid content, everything in my post is directly related to paid content
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why pay for Early Access titles?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived