This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC keeps turning itself back on after I shut down

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC keeps turning itself back on after I shut down

User Info: arleas

arleas
4 weeks ago#11
dioxxys posted...
Still relevant if Win8

It couldn't hurt to check. It looks like Hybrid sleep was introduced as far back as Vista but I don't know if it was a default option in 8.

It will only take a second to look in your power plan and see if it's enabled or not... and turning off the ability of the mouse to wake it from sleep may help too.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61
(message deleted)

User Info: Ghost_Turtle

Ghost_Turtle
3 weeks ago#13
I had an issue like this. I would shut my PC down and it would cut itself back on. It would only happen the first time I shut it down, the 2nd time it would always stay off. The problem ended up being a faulty ram stick. Worth looking into.
Rofl House

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
3 weeks ago#14
BewmHedshot posted...
Do you have Wake on LAN enabled? Something else on your network might be sending magic packets when it gets lonely.

lol
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
3 weeks ago#15
If you have wake on lan you can have someone on your network and then they wake it up and hack your PC.
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC keeps turning itself back on after I shut down

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived