This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why so many console plebs?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why so many console plebs?

User Info: InnerSpace

InnerSpace
3 months ago#21
tc, how can you expect me to take this bait when it isn't even fresh?
"How many Lowe's would Rob Lowe rob if Rob Lowe could rob Lowe's?"

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
3 months ago#22
Troll or not, I'd like to answer this honestly...

apathid posted...
If PC is the master race, why are all the top games and boards for console games? There's not a single PC exclusive title in the top boards. And any cross platform game that is on PC has the majority of users asking about console versions.

There's actually a very good reason why console forums are more popular on GameFAQs. It's because the vast majority of PC players use the Steam forums. If you look at a PC game like RUST then the forums are empty here, but they're blazingly popular over on Steam. If you dumped all the Steam members onto GameFAQs then the PC boards would top the popular lists. But right now most PC players aren't here simply because they don't have to be.

Even if you look at a game like Overwatch, most PC players use the official forums. They don't come here. I imagine that Destiny will probably be the same way.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: Shinobi120

Shinobi120
3 months ago#23
ClunkerSlim posted...

apathid posted...
If PC is the master race, why are all the top games and boards for console games? There's not a single PC exclusive title in the top boards. And any cross platform game that is on PC has the majority of users asking about console versions.

There's actually a very good reason why console forums are more popular on GameFAQs. It's because the vast majority of PC players use the Steam forums. If you look at a PC game like RUST then the forums are empty here, but they're blazingly popular over on Steam. If you dumped all the Steam members onto GameFAQs then the PC boards would top the popular lists. But right now most PC players aren't here simply because they don't have to be.

Even if you look at a game like Overwatch, most PC players use the official forums. They don't come here. I imagine that Destiny will probably be the same way.

No doubt. We tend to also use Reddit boards for PC, too.

They don't want to tolerate immature people on sites like this.

User Info: apathid

apathid
2 months ago#24
Thanks @ClunkerSlim that really does make sense.

I'm not sure why people feel baited... All I did was ask a question looking for an honest answer and presented facts about this site that can be seen on the home page. If you feel baited over that then the problem is with you.

Also yes I have an FC code in my signature because the site that I said based on facts caters to console players is one I use for one of my handheld consoles. I guess that's what passes for irony in some minds, instead of just being additional evidence to support my perspective on the question.

And lastly, yes persona 5 is the only PS4 exclusive on the top list but it's there right? I don't see any PC exclusive title there, but I want to. Gw2 has an expac dropping in a few days and that's my primary game ATM. I come to GF often yet have never seen games like that or even PUBG in the top list, this why I asked and I'm literally just rephrasing what I said in my OP...
FC - 2981 9944 0262

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
2 months ago#25
Don't feed the trolls (TC).
Ryzen 1600X @4GHz | H90 | GTX 1080 @2GHz | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Acer Predator 28" 4K GSync Display
Playing: Quake Champions | Tekken 7

User Info: johnny_pay

johnny_pay
2 months ago#26
the elite wouldnt be the elite if they were the majority.

User Info: Ratchetrockon

Ratchetrockon
2 months ago#27
Shinobi120 posted...
ClunkerSlim posted...

apathid posted...

No doubt. We tend to also use Reddit boards for PC, too.

They don't want to tolerate immature people on sites like this.

Damn I avoid reddit altogether because I know I'd have negative karma points over there.
i7 6900k | 2x GTX 1080ti FE (SLI) |MSI x99 Gaming PRO | 1tb 960 PRO EVO M.2 SSD| DDR4 32 gig 3200 RAM | EVGA P2 1200W
Bench: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/21395525

User Info: BearShrooms

BearShrooms
2 months ago#28
johnny_pay posted...
the elite wouldnt be the elite if they were the majority.

You're not elite because you game on pc.

Everyone here is a pleb.

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
2 months ago#29
TC's friend code hahah
England is my city.

User Info: stav8

stav8
2 months ago#30
Console plebs b**** and moan about there games as they are inferior whilst pcmr are too busy enjoying their games at high resolution and fast frames.

Also in all seriousness people like to say games are played on consoles yet over 2 million players alone are concurrently playing the top 3 games on steam. Just saying
NZXT Stormforce 240:16GB DDR4 RAM:Core i5 6600k: GTX 1060 6 GB: 2TB SSHD:2TB HDD:128 GB SSD:AS ROCK Z170 EXTREME 4; CORSAIR 750W: THERMALTAKE 3.0 LIQUID COOLING
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why so many console plebs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived