This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Divinity Original Sin 2. Do I need to finish the first?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Divinity Original Sin 2. Do I need to finish the first?

User Info: SRV_God

SRV_God
4 weeks ago#1
I have played the 1st about 60 hours or so between files. Loved the game but only ever made it to act 2.

Do I need to finish the 1st before starting on the second one?

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
4 weeks ago#2
If your backlog is so bad you haven't finished the first, then wait on the second. By the time you finish the first and are ready for the second, it will be discounted.
Don't pay full price just to backlog something.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
4 weeks ago#3
I had the same question as I didn't know if people played for the story or just the combat and exploration. However it seems you will want to beat the first one.. first. As it, itself is a great game and not one to be missed.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hP6BCy
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
4 weeks ago#4
You've made it farther than I did in the first and I've had no issues with story in the second. I can't really see myself going back to the first either because of how great this game is now.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
4 weeks ago#5
From what I understand, no you do not need to beat the first. I'm pretty sure the second game takes place like 1200 years after the first one, and you can probably go read a plot summary of what little plot the first one had
Proverbs 3:5 & Galatians 2:20 & John 14:6
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
4 weeks ago#6
You definitely do not need to play the first. That said you won't really want to go back to it after playing the sequel so I do recommend beating it first. It wasn't a bad game but I feel it seemed to lose its focus after the first act which made it hard to push on.
4790k @ 4.6 | Asus Maximus VII Formula | H105 | 32GB RAM | 1080ti | 1TB of SSD | 6TB of HDD | Win 10 64bit | ax1200w | HTC Vive
Steam: DV8ing1

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
4 weeks ago#7
So if someone has the money to buy the new one now, is it smart to jump ahead and forget about the first or no?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hP6BCy
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
4 weeks ago#8
That depends on your spare time. For me? Absolutely worth just jumping ahead to the sequel. I don't have the time to play every game that interests me anymore so I need to pick and choose. The sequel is hands down better so I'd prioritize that one. New games come out all the time so its not like you can ever completely eradicate a backlog unless you have an incredible amount of free time.
4790k @ 4.6 | Asus Maximus VII Formula | H105 | 32GB RAM | 1080ti | 1TB of SSD | 6TB of HDD | Win 10 64bit | ax1200w | HTC Vive
Steam: DV8ing1
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Divinity Original Sin 2. Do I need to finish the first?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived