This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how would you rate skyrims exploration?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. how would you rate skyrims exploration?

User Info: nativeboi85

nativeboi85
4 weeks ago#1
Would you say its some of the best gaming has to offer with its other expansions? Or is witcher 3, fall out 4 or maybe something else better?
gofundme.com/rqsbj8 lets raise that fleek for the ultimate boss video

User Info: Boge

Boge
4 weeks ago#2
5/10

It seems great at first, but then you realize just how small the world really is.

All games have been this way for me. I didn't play that much of Witcher 3, maybe 3 hours, but it seems the same along with every other game as well. So, it's not good in my opinion, but sadly there really isn't better.
With deeper knowledge and experience, everything else becomes more shallow.

User Info: ablerider

ablerider
4 weeks ago#3
Gravity Rush 1 and 2 are better. I only played Skyrim for about 2 hours or less so l can't rate it properly but the world didn't interest me that much (l do admit it's quite big and full of stuff) and l encountered many glitches like getting stuck on rocks or clipping through houses so I'd rate it as 7/10 experience.

User Info: Hagan

Hagan
4 weeks ago#4
I think Skyrim and Breath of the Wild were my favorite games based on an exploration basis. Breath of the Wild was better in my opinion because of the shrines that were scattered all over the world, Skyrim's is fun too but it gets repetitive after so many hours.
BNET = Mike#1931
Steam = mhagan1986

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
4 weeks ago#5
Morrowind 9/10
Skyrim 6/10
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hP6BCy
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: Jair

Jair
4 weeks ago#6
It's pretty decent. I suppose my only complaint would be the leveled world, where equipment and enemies adjust to whatever level you are. It doesn't really matter if you head out to the deepest darkest dungeon, if you're level 1 you're mostly finding low level draugr with iron swords and five gold, with maybe some low level enchanted equipment at the end of the whole thing. It's why de-leveling mods are so popular.

Dawnguard and Dragonborn spice things up at least.

User Info: youshallbeasgod

youshallbeasgod
4 weeks ago#7
The world map is good, but dungeons are lacking. Same looking caves and repetitive enemies/loot/puzzles.
Relax, it's just a game.

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
4 weeks ago#8
More refined than its past 2 predecessors.

Morrowind had a lot of unmarked (well, everything was pretty much unmarked) dungeons and delves but generally didn't have anything noteworthy in them after you were familiar with enemy types unless the area had a quest associated with it -- of which most of them are fetch quests. The loot was generally useless unless you were looking for specific set pieces like Orcish or Daedric armor -- though some of those aren't even in dungeons. I guess it was kinda funny picking up quest items way ahead of time and wondering what they're for.

Oblivion had a s*** ton of computer-mapped dungeons to the point if you'd seen two or three Aylied ruins you'd seen pretty much all of them. It really showed that they just wanted to make use of the new map marking feature to sprinkle a bunch of locations all over the place and occasionally create a few hand-made areas here and there. It kinda felt like Morrowind's dungeons but without any of the surprise.

I felt like Skyrim took an actual effort to put some flavor into more than just a handful of areas. Notes and some cursory backstory can do a lot to make an area not feel like Big Bandit Cave #Umpteen. It seems like that's something that Bethesda's team started to "get" only after dipping into the Fallout franchise.
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
4 weeks ago#9
6/10

- No variety in puzzles
- Cookie cutter cave and dungeon designs
- Lack of unique loot: most of what you get are various gems, gold and lockpicks.

Morrowind and Oblivion were much better.

User Info: KaizerLaw

KaizerLaw
4 weeks ago#10
8.5/10 for me.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. how would you rate skyrims exploration?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived