This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how would you rate skyrims exploration?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. how would you rate skyrims exploration?

User Info: -______-

-______-
4 weeks ago#11
the overworld is pretty great with the right mods, still decent enough without. i enjoy using skyrim as a walking simulator to wind down after a work day. wander around a bit, enter a dungeon/bandit hideout and hit things with a warhammer

dungeons are hit and miss like others have said

blackreach is great and some other dwarf/falmer dungeons are nice too
-______-

User Info: Chargers_31

Chargers_31
4 weeks ago#12
Hexenherz posted...
6/10

- No variety in puzzles
- Cookie cutter cave and dungeon designs
- Lack of unique loot: most of what you get are various gems, gold and lockpicks.

Morrowind and Oblivion were much better.

#1 and #2 are what bother me the most. I hate how in almost every dungeon there is conveniently a trap door behind the boss that leads you to the entrance of the tunnel. Also how every puzzle is basically "arrange these hieroglyphics in the correct pattern."
http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/SDSU-DANCE.gif

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
4 weeks ago#13
I thought it was awesome when you get your first claw puzzle in the first half hour of the game. I thought, "Wow you have to manipulate objects in the inventory and there's going to be actual thinking involved".

But nope. From what I remember that's literally the only such mechanic in the game.

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
4 weeks ago#14
5/10, like other TES games, some areas feel the same, but in this game, it's so easy to become overpowered early in the game, that nothing is worth exploring just for loot. Also, puzzles can piss off, this isn't Zelda.
England is my city.

User Info: Digital Storm

Digital Storm
4 weeks ago#15
For it's time? Middle of the road I suppose. Compared to others more recently released? It's a low at best.
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.

User Info: hamchunk

hamchunk
4 weeks ago#16
Like some others said, it was really cool at first but got worse as the game went on. Once I realized that I'd seen all of the dungeon/cave layouts and puzzles the game had to offer it became pretty boring. I remember being much more inpressed with morrowind, oblivion and witcher 3.

Overall I'd say not bad but not great, a little above average maybe around a 7/10.
Do the math!

User Info: MMG_

MMG_
4 weeks ago#17
6/10 not enough "wow" places.
BORED TO DEATH. I'm bored, I'm bored, I'm bored. I am bored.
http://i.imgur.com/sprnlxX.gif

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
4 weeks ago#18
Horizon on PS4 is better for this

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
4 weeks ago#19
Hitman is better than skyrim. Sure, skyrim is huge, but theres so little in the game compared to a hitman 2016 level which is just packed with different ways to murder your target.
Quality over quantity any day, ladies and gents. That's the way to go.
Now, say my name.

User Info: grand_commander

grand_commander
4 weeks ago#20
Hexenherz posted...
I thought it was awesome when you get your first claw puzzle in the first half hour of the game. I thought, "Wow you have to manipulate objects in the inventory and there's going to be actual thinking involved".

Isn't that the very same dungeon where you learn that Bethesda's idea of a "puzzle" is you looking at the environment to see what you're supposed to set the dials to?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. how would you rate skyrims exploration?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived