This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how would you rate skyrims exploration?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. how would you rate skyrims exploration?

User Info: Nabinator

Nabinator
2 months ago#21
9/10. Still amazes me to this day. Don't understand the complaints here. Oblivion and Morrowind's exploration are so boring in comparison
You have the right to have an opinion, but that doesn't mean your opinion is right

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
2 months ago#22
Nabinator posted...
9/10. Still amazes me to this day. Don't understand the complaints here. Oblivion and Morrowind's exploration are so boring in comparison

l o l

User Info: Nabinator

Nabinator
2 months ago#23
Hexenherz posted...
Nabinator posted...

l o l

Hope you have so much fun not enjoying it then
You have the right to have an opinion, but that doesn't mean your opinion is right

User Info: Azezo

Azezo
2 months ago#24
Depends on how you play it.

I always find it more fun when I walk from place to place rather then just fast travel. (Which can be a b**** to play like this I know.) It gives it more of a sense of exploration when your lower level and aren't sure if you are going to run into a****** bears or bandits.Or maybe a troll you aren't ready for. Just walking skyrim finding camps or caves organically rather then. 'hey I dropped X at spot Y can you go get it for me?' Fast travel to nearest city then walk a portion of the way.

If you can live without fast traveling I'd say it's more fun. Because if you do fast travel then well it highlights the real core issue, limited caves and you are basically talk to dude fast travel to cave, beat cave, go back talk to the other dude then it's back to the same cave over and over, making it feel worse. The actual overworld strolls are better IMO.
Why did you bother to read this?

User Info: cbgreely

cbgreely
2 months ago#25
Dark Souls is best exploration
Pineapple on pizza

User Info: grand_commander

grand_commander
2 months ago#26
Azezo posted...
If you can live without fast traveling I'd say it's more fun. Because if you do fast travel then well it highlights the real core issue, limited caves and you are basically talk to dude fast travel to cave, beat cave, go back talk to the other dude then it's back to the same cave over and over, making it feel worse. The actual overworld strolls are better IMO.

I tried a playthrough where I minimized the use of fast travel and did feel the game was much stronger there since it could use its size and scenery to its advantage rather than having to rely on writing and gameplay. The problem is that the game actively resists attempts to play it this way by having so many quests send you all over Skyrim, to the point where even though I was aware of how much more enjoyable the game was when walking, it was a choice between limiting fast travel and limiting questing.

User Info: Kinoringan

Kinoringan
2 months ago#27
First 15 hours is 10/10. "omg! the world is so beautiful!"
Then after that the rest is 5/10, "omfg! another generic castle ruins/cave/enemy camp"

User Info: pkdragon

pkdragon
2 months ago#28
Better than Oblivion's, worse than Morrowind's IMO.

It's worth noting that while Morrowind didn't have particularly amazing dungeons either, I spent far less time in Morrowind dungeon crawling than in the other two, and more time exploring the overworld. Part of it may be the lack of being able to fast travel straight to the dungeon's doorstep- or even just the lack of markers pointing me straight to the dungeon. The terrain was more complex as well, with multiple times where I had, say, a river valley between me and my destination and needed to figure out how to get to the other side. But I also felt there were more quests that just didn't require dungeon diving at all, that involved politics with npcs or again, exploring the overworld. There's certainly some of those types of quests in Oblivion and Skyrim, but much more of the quests in those games ultimately lead to a dungeon.

Because of this, the dominant impression of Oblivion and Skyrim, that has lingered all these years, is how dull the dungeons were (with a few exceptions, mostly story quest dungeons). While the dominant impression I have of Morrowind is how fun the overworld was to explore.

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
2 months ago#29
9/10 it is easily my favorite game.

User Info: CrestedTax

CrestedTax
2 months ago#30
Mediocre. Dungeons are uninteresting and generic, most of them have neither a story nor interesting characters. Quests are just fetch quests. Puzzles are a joke.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. how would you rate skyrims exploration?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived