This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IGN Review - Project CARS 2

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. IGN Review - Project CARS 2

User Info: Cryptarch

Cryptarch
4 weeks ago#1
http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/09/18/project-cars-2-review

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
4 weeks ago#2
Looks like Slightly Mad Studios has some 'marketing' money! j/k

Looking forward to it more than I should be. The first was good but since getting VR, I have a hard time playing sim-ish racers normally.
4790k @ 4.6 | Asus Maximus VII Formula | H105 | 32GB RAM | 1080ti | 1TB of SSD | 6TB of HDD | Win 10 64bit | ax1200w | HTC Vive
Steam: DV8ing1

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
4 weeks ago#3
DV8ingSources posted...
Looks like Slightly Mad Studios has some 'marketing' money! j/k

Looking forward to it more than I should be. The first was good but since getting VR, I have a hard time playing sim-ish racers normally.

Same once I did racing games in VR its hard to go back. The immersion level is insane.

Can't wait till we get to 4K displays in them for a better picture quality.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
4 weeks ago#4
"On a gamepad, though? It’s simply a different game to the first altogether. It’s just so much better. I haven’t even touched any settings; straight out of the box Project CARS 2 feels manageable and planted. It’s a fraction more numb on turn-in compared to the 1:1 directness you get on a wheel but the twitchiness of the first game is just gone. You don’t need a wheel to enjoy this deep, nuanced handling model; there’s a satisfying, challenging, and most of all manageable racing experience to be had here, regardless of your control method."

That's exactly what I was hoping to see.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: protools1983

protools1983
4 weeks ago#5
Giggity, might have to buy a wheel now ;)

VR racing here I come!
Glorious 4K PC Master Race
Gamefaqs PCH Discord channel: https://discord.gg/EmPEfdC

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
4 weeks ago#6
I don't doubt that it's a game with attention to detail and feels very sim-like....but sorry. Now that Forza 7 is on PC, I wouldn't even consider buying it. But, courses for horses.

User Info: protools1983

protools1983
4 weeks ago#7
GoIrish80 posted...
I don't doubt that it's a game with attention to detail and feels very sim-like....but sorry. Now that Forza 7 is on PC, I wouldn't even consider buying it. But, courses for horses.

Have fun with your Windows Store application :)
Glorious 4K PC Master Race
Gamefaqs PCH Discord channel: https://discord.gg/EmPEfdC

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
4 weeks ago#8
GoIrish80 posted...

Probably get both personally. Forza looks great but has no VR support and the stuff PCARS2 is doing with the track dynamics (especially puddles) is second to none. Now Forza will be doing similar things but from what I understand, its going to be mostly cosmetic and not actually change ideal driving lines much. Spoiled for options though and that's a great thing!
4790k @ 4.6 | Asus Maximus VII Formula | H105 | 32GB RAM | 1080ti | 1TB of SSD | 6TB of HDD | Win 10 64bit | ax1200w | HTC Vive
Steam: DV8ing1

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
4 weeks ago#9
All i want to know is if they fixed the horrific physics. I've never seen a racing game so inaccurate. It made mid town madness look like a racing sim.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
4 weeks ago#10
Have fun with your Windows Store application :)

I will, thanks! Looking forward to it. Have been for a looooooooong time with Forza.

Oh and just to say "f*** You" a little more, I bought the Ultimate Edition of Forza 7, and previously purchased the Ultimate Editions of Forza Horizon 3 and Gears of War 4. I even PRE-ORDERED all 3 of them. I should be drug out in the street and shot, right?

But hey don't let me keep you any longer, respond and tell me how stupid I am for buying trivial things like video games that I have fun with. It will really hurt me and make it difficult for me to sleep tonight. Or even better yet, mod my post because you're butt hurt that your piece of s***, pointless responses mean nothing.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. IGN Review - Project CARS 2

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived