This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I booted up Call Of Duty: World At War for nostalgia's sake....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So I booted up Call Of Duty: World At War for nostalgia's sake....

User Info: BinBinricecake

BinBinricecake
2 months ago#1
Good f***ing riddance! Reichstag and it's grenade spam! I get that one would be desperate to make a last stand but I don't think any army in the world has a near infinite supply of grenades. Throw one away, get 4 back! No the kind of deal I want! Don't get me started on the pacific campaign. I don't think the Japanese had the much 'official' explosives on hand. "Look out, grenade!" Well I would look out if you kindly got the f*** out of my way. Then at times, 5! 5 grenade indicators! Did someone like have a grenade handout before the war? Every solider is required to have at least 50 f***ing grenades!? f*** world at war, it's f***ing world of grenades!

So yeah, that's me venting. I wanted to play my older call of duty games for fun since I had found memories of playing them. Then again, I did play on regular or just recruit back then. Playing world at war on veteran turns that game into micheal bay's wet dream.
/BinBinricecake - Morgan - Warrior/~"You're brothers-in-nobody's-arms. Family that's lonely together is bro-nly together"
-Teddy

User Info: AimlessDork

AimlessDork
2 months ago#2
ITT: Guy rants about game mechanics in a Shooter game not being realistic, is not upset he doesn't get shot once and spend the rest of the game in a war hospital before being shipped home after having his leg cut off to stop infection.
GTX 1070, i7-6700, NZXT Phantom 530, W10
Ps4. Ps3. PC. 3DS

User Info: fallen_acolyte

fallen_acolyte
2 months ago#3
AimlessDork posted...
ITT: Guy rants about game mechanics in a Shooter game not being realistic, is not upset he doesn't get shot once and spend the rest of the game in a war hospital before being shipped home after having his leg cut off to stop infection.

dude.... you're cutting deep
()___(_______()~~
PSN: Fallen_Acolyte XBL: Fallen Acolyte

User Info: BinBinricecake

BinBinricecake
2 months ago#4
AimlessDork posted...

What? Realism is the last thing call of duty can try an accomplish. Matter of fact, any call of duty game. Just wanted to boot it up for o'l times sake.
/BinBinricecake - Morgan - Warrior/~"You're brothers-in-nobody's-arms. Family that's lonely together is bro-nly together"
-Teddy

User Info: AC_Dragonfire

AC_Dragonfire
2 months ago#5
Call of duty isn't something that would have replay value after years and years. It's just a "in the trendy moment game". Not like an old school RPG that has replay value for eternity.

User Info: magicaltop

magicaltop
2 months ago#6
I had a blast beating all of WaW on Veteran. Last game before they made their Veteran difficulty go to s***.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KgxgGX

User Info: AC_Dragonfire

AC_Dragonfire
2 months ago#7
magicaltop posted...
I had a blast beating all of WaW on Veteran. Last game before they made their Veteran difficulty go to s***.

veteran difficulty on COD:WAW harder than Destiny 2

User Info: CursedPanther

CursedPanther
2 months ago#8
If you think your 45-minute run on Veteran level at the Reichstag section is long enough, just remember that it's taken the Russians 3 days back in 1945 to do the real thing.

User Info: Interfusor

Interfusor
2 months ago#9
*Throws 4 grenades at TC*
I am not economically viable.

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
2 months ago#10
AC_Dragonfire posted...
Call of duty isn't something that would have replay value after years and years. It's just a "in the trendy moment game". Not like an old school RPG that has replay value for eternity.

I disagree. COD2, COD4 and WAW are great campaigns to revisit.
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So I booted up Call Of Duty: World At War for nostalgia's sake....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived