This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I booted up Call Of Duty: World At War for nostalgia's sake....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So I booted up Call Of Duty: World At War for nostalgia's sake....

User Info: Hagan

Hagan
2 months ago#11
sonicteam2k1 posted...
AC_Dragonfire posted...
Call of duty isn't something that would have replay value after years and years. It's just a "in the trendy moment game". Not like an old school RPG that has replay value for eternity.

I disagree. COD2, COD4 and WAW are great campaigns to revisit.

I've only played COD2, 3, and 4 campaigns. Honestly I think COD4 may have one of the best single player FPS campaigns ever. I never played WAW but I heard the grenade spam is real.
BNET = Mike#1931
Steam = mhagan1986

User Info: magicaltop

magicaltop
2 months ago#12
Hagan posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
AC_Dragonfire posted...
Call of duty isn't something that would have replay value after years and years. It's just a "in the trendy moment game". Not like an old school RPG that has replay value for eternity.

I've only played COD2, 3, and 4 campaigns. Honestly I think COD4 may have one of the best single player FPS campaigns ever. I never played WAW but I heard the grenade spam is real.

It is on Veteran only. Still a good campaign.

At first I hated the grenade spam, but came around to enjoying it. Keeps you moving forward and backward, have to know where the enemy is so you don't get destroyed, you have to push up to stop some of the infinite waves from coming at you, etc. That said some levels are still BS lol.

Future CoDs was just pretty much keep running to avoid everything or camp one spot cause the handholding is real even on Vet.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KgxgGX

User Info: BinBinricecake

BinBinricecake
2 months ago#13
CursedPanther posted...
If you think your 45-minute run on Veteran level at the Reichstag section is long enough, just remember that it's taken the Russians 3 days back in 1945 to do the real thing.

Yeah, thankful I get to experience the event behind the safety of a screen :D

magicaltop posted...
Hagan posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
AC_Dragonfire posted...

It is on Veteran only. Still a good campaign.

At first I hated the grenade spam, but came around to enjoying it. Keeps you moving forward and backward, have to know where the enemy is so you don't get destroyed, you have to push up to stop some of the infinite waves from coming at you, etc. That said some levels are still BS lol.

Future CoDs was just pretty much keep running to avoid everything or camp one spot cause the handholding is real even on Vet.

If anything, I feel like the grenade spam was real training for the multiplayer. Forced you to kill as many things as fast as you can to prevent the grenade spam. And boy did it really keep you on your toes.

AC_Dragonfire posted...

Not much replay value, yes. But coming after back to in in years can be fun. Much like re-watching some old movies. You already know what's going to happen but it's a blast to re-watch.
/BinBinricecake - Morgan - Warrior/~"You're brothers-in-nobody's-arms. Family that's lonely together is bro-nly together"
-Teddy

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
2 months ago#14
What's nice about WaW on PC is that you have admin run servers, so the game isn't infested with hackers (assuming an admin is on to kick them, but it's better than what I experienced on the consoles).

Honestly, it's probably my favourite CoD. Used to be MW2, but WaW really trumps it. Some very OP s***, but I love the the real MP40, so it doesn't really bother me.

You can also choose what side you're on, so I never have to play as the f***ing Commies. Same as Red Orchestra 2 (which is another, more realistic WW2 shooter).

However, f*** the campaign. The American bits are fine, but glorifying the Soviets... no thanks.
Specs: i7 4790k@4.6GHz |EVGA 1080 FTW| 16GB RAM - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST US PRESIDENT!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So I booted up Call Of Duty: World At War for nostalgia's sake....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived