This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Issues with DVI to DP and HDMI to DP on Viewsonic Monitor

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Issues with DVI to DP and HDMI to DP on Viewsonic Monitor

User Info: FPS_NOOB

FPS_NOOB
4 weeks ago#1
Hello, I recently purchased a ViewSonic XG2401 24" 144Hz 1ms 1080p gaming monitor and it came with a display to display port connection. MY GPU only supports DVI-I (dual link) and HDMI. I have radeon 7970. I was told that running HDMI to HDMI will not allow me to use 144hz and quality of picture may not be the same. Not sure if this is true or not. But When I tried using an HDMI cable I had lying around it only gave me up to 60z. Is that just an old HDMI cable that does not support any higher? I heard that you can get up to 120hz with the HDMI. Another issue I am having is when I try to connect the HDMI to DP, I get no signal, as well when I try to connect the DVI-I to DP.

Anyone had similar issues before and have a solution, I have been literally ripping my hair out for past 4 days looking for solutions and nothing seems to work. I'm about to get rid of this monitor and find a new one.

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
4 weeks ago#2
Pretty sure your GPU is the problem, it doesn't support HDMI 2.0.
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Issues with DVI to DP and HDMI to DP on Viewsonic Monitor

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived