This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anywhere I can buy mass effect trilogy with all DLC on PC?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anywhere I can buy mass effect trilogy with all DLC on PC?

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
4 weeks ago#11
Orestes417 posted...
vlado_e posted...
Orestes417 posted...
Jules Rules posted...
That's EA for you.

More like Bioware.

I wouldn't put EA out of the picture there - they specifically stoped distributing games through Steam because Valve didn't want people to pay in-game for the DLCs. Perhaps, to be more specific, they also wanted to get a cut of those and the BioWare points don't allow that. EA, however, are fine with it, therefore the games are on Origin. I suppose it helps that EA owns BioWare, so if you were to get the DLC, even if your transaction doesn't go through Origin directly, EA is still getting a cut regardless.

Other EA studios have complete packages for games with DLC hence this is a Bioware specific idiocy.

As I said, EA allowed it. Since they still get money from that either way, they don't really care about the users find it. Steam has it's problems but the stance that the purchases shouldn't go through other venue means that you won't be in this situation. Which is also one reason why EA stopped distributing games through there.

Sure, it may be a BioWare decision but EA are by no means completely blameless. At the very least they own BioWare - claiming EA have no say in BioWare's business couldn't be more untrue.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: SnakePlisken94

SnakePlisken94
4 weeks ago#12
There is place where you can get the complete collection but I can't say where
just your typical butthurt basement dweller

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
4 weeks ago#13
vlado_e posted...
Orestes417 posted...
vlado_e posted...
Orestes417 posted...
Jules Rules posted...
That's EA for you.

More like Bioware.

I wouldn't put EA out of the picture there - they specifically stoped distributing games through Steam because Valve didn't want people to pay in-game for the DLCs. Perhaps, to be more specific, they also wanted to get a cut of those and the BioWare points don't allow that. EA, however, are fine with it, therefore the games are on Origin. I suppose it helps that EA owns BioWare, so if you were to get the DLC, even if your transaction doesn't go through Origin directly, EA is still getting a cut regardless.

Other EA studios have complete packages for games with DLC hence this is a Bioware specific idiocy.

As I said, EA allowed it. Since they still get money from that either way, they don't really care about the users find it. Steam has it's problems but the stance that the purchases shouldn't go through other venue means that you won't be in this situation. Which is also one reason why EA stopped distributing games through there.

Sure, it may be a BioWare decision but EA are by no means completely blameless. At the very least they own BioWare - claiming EA have no say in BioWare's business couldn't be more untrue.

EA didn't own Bioware at the time the Bioware points decision was made.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: Madmartagon

Madmartagon
4 weeks ago#14
Only place to get it is origin i believe i got the first 2 on steam but the 3rd never got released on it
tho i had them all for my 360 so did not care to much

vlado_e
4 weeks ago#15
Orestes417 posted...
vlado_e posted...
Orestes417 posted...
vlado_e posted...
Orestes417 posted...
Jules Rules posted...
That's EA for you.

More like Bioware.

EA didn't own Bioware at the time the Bioware points decision was made.

They do now and the decision has been unchanged. Are you saying that EA has absolutely no control over what BioWare does, nor any control over the rules around their own platform? Because if that is true, then - yeah, they are without any fault. If not true, then it seems that EA are, in fact, involved with the current state of affairs.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
4 weeks ago#16
I'm saying EA can't break preexisting contracts on a whim.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

vlado_e
4 weeks ago#17
Orestes417 posted...
I'm saying EA can't break preexisting contracts on a whim.

Not at the snap of their fingers but it's been a decade since EA bought BioWare. Surely if they wanted to change this, they could have gradually done it. Heck, since they are publishing the titles, they could have made the DLC easily purchasable from Origin. They didn't. They have taken no action to remedy the situation and they have a lot of control over it. How can you ever claim they are utterly not to blame one bit when it is literally within their power?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anywhere I can buy mass effect trilogy with all DLC on PC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived