This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whenever my computer decides to die I think I'm done

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Whenever my computer decides to die I think I'm done

User Info: Renraku_San

Renraku_San
4 weeks ago#11
MASKOAAA posted...
I'll be fine for 1080p gaming for a few years, i5 2500k gtx970

the problem is im 33 now and I find myself no longer interested in the vast majority of games....ATM im playing Friday the 13th and for some reason in this glitch filled game I have over 100 hours in it yet its fun and then the only other game I play atm is Zelda on Switch. I don't think I'm burnt out b/c I play games once or twice a week. I'm convinced that I'm going super casual and I'll probably end up being a console gamer next gen b/c having a gaming PC isn't worth it if your not taking real advantage of it...makes me sad in a way.

Go be a sad little peasant on the Switch board. GTFO, this board is for master race only.

Pathetic.
I worship Jesus Christ and am 100% proud to be Christian!
I read the Bible every day, you should too!

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
4 weeks ago#12
Your burned out it happens, wait a few months you will find it interesting again
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
4 weeks ago#13
50inchDLP posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
50inchDLP posted...
I will probably quit PC gaming once I get the Xbox1X. My i7/980ti PC is going to be outclassed so badly I wont be able to stand it.

You're joking right?

I read on the Xbox board that the XboxX is slightly above a i7/GTX1070 PC. Which puts it just above my PC right?

LOL, OK, joking confirmed, At least you make me laugh. I feel like today is going to be a good day
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
4 weeks ago#14
50inchDLP posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
50inchDLP posted...
I will probably quit PC gaming once I get the Xbox1X. My i7/980ti PC is going to be outclassed so badly I wont be able to stand it.

You're joking right?

I read on the Xbox board that the XboxX is slightly above a i7/GTX1070 PC. Which puts it just above my PC right?

LMFAO, no.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
4 weeks ago#15
I don't really get this, a machine you built a few years ago, that you even admit will be good to go for another few years, that can play all your current games, any past games that you could want, and future games, not to mention allowing all the non-gaming PC features, is going to stop being useful. But a $400 limited lifespan console will all of a sudden replace it in usefulness? If you're playing 1080p, you'll be able to stick a $300 graphics card in there and be fine for another generation.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
4 weeks ago#16
50inchDLP posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
50inchDLP posted...

You're joking right?

nice meme
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: TheOpposite

TheOpposite
4 weeks ago#17
I won't quit PC gaming, but I don't have much use for new hardware anymore since there are no new games that interest me and take advantage of it. I play Oblivion and Minecraft, both of which run fine on older hardware. When integrated graphics get to the point where they're as powerful as my GTX 970 I won't bother getting dedicated GPUs anymore. I won't need one.

User Info: DaedalusEx

DaedalusEx
4 weeks ago#18
Video games are a waste of time. Seriously, they function as a drug to make you feel like you're accomplishing something in your boring life when you're not.

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
4 weeks ago#19
Be that as it may.... Ill never willingly give them up. I love getting lost in video game worlds. Ill play them till my cold dead hands no longer can do anything.
Apathy....the epitome of evil or something.

User Info: Digital Storm

Digital Storm
4 weeks ago#20
As it stands now, the only thing I use a computer for is Factorio/Rift, skype, email and irc. If it wasn't for those few things, I wouldn't own a computer.
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Whenever my computer decides to die I think I'm done

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived