This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gpu prices would be much cheaper, if Chinese company make them.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gpu prices would be much cheaper, if Chinese company make them.

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
2 months ago#21
Yeah I am sure they would.

Then your PC would be on fire 2 weeks later.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: SnakePlisken94

SnakePlisken94
2 months ago#22
remember in most cases you get what you pay for(apple excluded)
just your typical butthurt basement dweller

User Info: uptown710

uptown710
2 months ago#23
ArkonBlade posted...
Yeah I am sure they would.

Then your PC would be on fire 2 weeks later.

Lmaooo.

I'm sure you could have quality GPUs manufactured in China. The question is would it be worth it?
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
2 months ago#24
It's always adorable when someone thinks that the cost to manufacture a luxury item has any relation to the cost they pay.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: celebar

celebar
2 months ago#25
I only buy American Nvidia GPU's. ATI (purchased by AMD in 2006) was a canadian GPU company and therefore AMD GPU's are also canadian.
thank you for reading my post
regards, celebar

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
2 months ago#26
They do make them. Colorful.
i7-6700K | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | MSI z170a SLI PLUS | EVGA 650W G2 | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI
e7470 | i5-6300U | 8GB DDR4 || Surface Pro 2 i5.

User Info: FaultBoy

FaultBoy
2 months ago#27
they would be as good as these chinese PSUs you see in prebuilts, thats catch fire within 6 months.
and from what ive seen , these chinese garbage arent much cheaper than legit ones ( about 20% or so)

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
2 months ago#28
Born Lucky posted...
If farms hired all American citizens the cost at the store would go up by 5% . That study came out about 3 years ago.

If you can afford 5 dollars for a bag of apples, then you can afford $5.25

It's the same with manufacturing - the cost would not prevent anyone from buying American made goods - period.

I'm not sure your math adds up. Bejing has the highest minimum wage in china, and it's only 18.70 Yuan, or roughly $2.90 an hour. And some areas are as low as 11 Yuan an hour, about $1.67. You can hire 5 factory workers there and pay less than you would per worker here.

User Info: Requiem

Requiem
2 months ago#29
Well, the cost of production isn't just the worker's wages.
In addition, keep in mind that increasing use of automation has lowered the number of workers needed.

Some electronic manufacturers are bringing factories back from China to US because of this.
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 months ago#30
Orestes417 posted...
It's always adorable when someone thinks that the cost to manufacture a luxury item has any relation to the cost they pay.

You think that if those "luxury" items were assembled/manufactured in a first-world country with fair pay/labor/health care etc. that your costs would stay the same? Lol. The main reason these huge corporations exist/glean so much profit is unfortunately because of dirt-cheap labor in countries with industrial-revolution esque labor relations/laws. Hell, "Foxconn", the company that makes the motherboards/chips (or portions of them) for Apple had to install suicide-prevention nets around their campus because workers were jumping off the buildings.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gpu prices would be much cheaper, if Chinese company make them.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived