This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will this Monitor work with my PC?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Will this Monitor work with my PC?

User Info: phyrex318

phyrex318
2 months ago#1
So I recently purchased an LG UHD 4k Monitor and it's been causing me nothing but issues. Random black screens on 1440 or 4K and even a black screen here or there on 1080 when running the same settings I used on my previous Monitor. Needless to say it's been aggravating even tho it looks amazing and the Freesync has been nice.

I'm just curious with my specs will this Monitor work just fine and should it run well at 1440 or am I just best off with a 1080 Monitor.

Specs:
CPU: Intel I5 6600
GPU: XFX AMD RX 480 8 gig
SSD: Seagate 500 gig
RAM: DDR3 PHY Anarchy X 16 Gig 2666 MHz

Monitor: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/aoc-gaming-agon-series-27-lcd-hd-freesync-monitor-black-red/5451410.p?skuId=5451410

That is the Monitor I am considering. Could easily take mine back and order this one but I want to know if it's just this LG being a pain in the ass or the GPU maybe.

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
2 months ago#2
Did you make sure the cable was securely fastened?
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

phyrex318
2 months ago#3
Fade2black001 posted...
Did you make sure the cable was securely fastened?

I used three different HDMI's and a Display Port Cable. Same issues all four times but less so with the Display Port.

phyrex318
2 months ago#4
Bump

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
2 months ago#5
Ok so first of all for 144hz you need a good quality DP cable. I suggest Accel. It's what I use and I dont get flickering or blackscreen outside diablo 3 for some reason.

Don't bother using HDMI.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hP6BCy
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

phyrex318
2 months ago#6
So another question, would the RX 480 8 gig work well with 1080p 144hz? Found a good deal on a MSI 27' 1080 144hz for right at $200.

phyrex318
2 months ago#7
Last bump. Don't want to have to make another topic but I want to ensure an RX 480 will work alright with a MSI - Optix 27" LED Curved FHD FreeSync Monitor 144 hz 1080p

phyrex318
2 months ago#8
Terantatek posted...
Ok so first of all for 144hz you need a good quality DP cable. I suggest Accel. It's what I use and I dont get flickering or blackscreen outside diablo 3 for some reason.

Don't bother using HDMI.

Does the stock DP Cable that comes with a 144hz Monitor not usually cut it?

User Info: ThisIsAKnoife

ThisIsAKnoife
2 months ago#9
phyrex318 posted...
Terantatek posted...

Don't bother using HDMI.

Does the stock DP Cable that comes with a 144hz Monitor not usually cut it?

works fine for me.
AFK: Attack, fight, kill!! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way to fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius.

User Info: Rud3Bwoy

Rud3Bwoy
2 months ago#10
test with your other monitor if no issues could be the monitor,also try new cables

personally my stock cables work just fine
Glorious 4K Master Race
https://valid.x86.fr/n6zhcp Rig Specs
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Will this Monitor work with my PC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived