This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will this Monitor work with my PC?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Will this Monitor work with my PC?

User Info: phyrex318

phyrex318
4 weeks ago#11
Rud3Bwoy posted...
test with your other monitor if no issues could be the monitor,also try new cables

personally my stock cables work just fine

Other monitor works great, it's a bit of a budget one but it's 1080 and it never gave me any issues ever.

This LG has been a headache from day one, 3 different HDMIS used and a DP Cable. Taking it back tomorrow and likely just going to order the MSI - Optix 27" LED Curved FHD FreeSync Monitor, I want to be able to have good fluid picture that isn't flickering or blackscreening on me, while still giving me more screen and better quality then my cheap but realible 24' Monitor

User Info: Superemppu

Superemppu
4 weeks ago#12
I had a ton of issues with a series of 34" AOC ultrawide screens, screen would occasionally just restart itself, the screen was sometimed split in half with the left side having only 30hz refresh rate and the right side at the supposed 60hz.
No amount of different cables fixed the issue, even swapped screens with a friend and the issues persisted with his equipment.
Eventually ended up going through 3 different screens of the same type, each having similar but slightly different problems, before trading it for a completely different make and model. Not a single issue after that. (Acer predator 27" 1440p 144hz g-sync.)
If brute force doesn't fix the problem, you're not using enough of it.

phyrex318
4 weeks ago#13
Superemppu posted...
I had a ton of issues with a series of 34" AOC ultrawide screens, screen would occasionally just restart itself, the screen was sometimed split in half with the left side having only 30hz refresh rate and the right side at the supposed 60hz.
No amount of different cables fixed the issue, even swapped screens with a friend and the issues persisted with his equipment.
Eventually ended up going through 3 different screens of the same type, each having similar but slightly different problems, before trading it for a completely different make and model. Not a single issue after that. (Acer predator 27" 1440p 144hz g-sync.)

Glad to know I'm not the only one out there with odd screen issues. Here's hoping my MSI Monitor will be flawless and fluid.

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
4 weeks ago#14
Display cables matter find out what cable you need for that monitor having a poor cable can hurt your monitor.

A good cable will cost you somewhere around $20-$30.
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

phyrex318
4 weeks ago#15
mucloud posted...
Display cables matter find out what cable you need for that monitor having a poor cable can hurt your monitor.

A good cable will cost you somewhere around $20-$30.

I'll look into investing in one, thanks for the tip. I'm picking it up at Walmart so I'll see if they have any good quality DP cables aside from the stock one that comes with the MSI Monitor

Hopefully it's much less strain on the video card and less annoying.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Will this Monitor work with my PC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived