This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can PC Survive Without Multiplatform Titles?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can PC Survive Without Multiplatform Titles?

User Info: no2morro

no2morro
2 months ago#121
PC is going nowhere. I'm playing Yakuza Zero right now on my PS4, with my 1080GTX rig right next to me. All I have to say is, 'have you played much RTS on console recently?'

Exactly, Dawn of War 3 just came out, Total War Warhammer 2 just came out. The PC is a furious beast that can do much more than consoles. It does what consoles do BETTER (play any console game on a solid rig, it will maim most of the time the graphics settings). It's like comparing a wild wolf to a trained, and well-fed hunting lion...two very different beasts.

I love the exclusives, but you are going to feel yourself getting burned on remasters VERY SHORTLY. PC gamers don't have to buy this stuff, as the graphics scale with the hardware being used, and we carry those games in our library for an eternity...How many versions of FFX did you buy? At one point I had the PS2, the PS3 remaster, the Vita remaster, and the PS4 version, because there is no backwards compatibility. Now I just have VITA and PC...

You'll find that the PC isn't being abandoned. PCs are killing it as they are so much more versatile. Again, I say that with my PS4 on in front of me. I'm only playing through my backlog so I can sell my PS4pro. I also have the PS3 and Xbox360 beside it...in time, only the PS3 will be there (that was a good system with a lot of exclusives). Not so many exclusives on PS4. Horizon Dawn was solid, but Gran Turismo and this lack of digital PS3 game support has killed any faith I have in SONY to do right. Even they can't explain why VITA, and PS3 games can't be played on far superior hardware...what was the point in the digital investment then. I have my full steam catalog on my desktop and gaming laptop.

I trust MS more than Sony right now, and MS are bringing everything to PC anyway...basically PC is doing fine. Gears of War 4 on PC, was phenomenal!
I am the instrument of providence, she will use me as long as I accomplish her designs, then...she will break me like a glass.

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
2 months ago#122
The more important question.... how's the Porsche?
Apathy....the epitome of evil or something.

User Info: Shinobi120

Shinobi120
2 months ago#123
no2morro posted...
PC is going nowhere. I'm playing Yakuza Zero right now on my PS4, with my 1080GTX rig right next to me. All I have to say is, 'have you played much RTS on console recently?'

Exactly, Dawn of War 3 just came out, Total War Warhammer 2 just came out. The PC is a furious beast that can do much more than consoles. It does what consoles do BETTER (play any console game on a solid rig, it will maim most of the time the graphics settings). It's like comparing a wild wolf to a trained, and well-fed hunting lion...two very different beasts.

I love the exclusives, but you are going to feel yourself getting burned on remasters VERY SHORTLY. PC gamers don't have to buy this stuff, as the graphics scale with the hardware being used, and we carry those games in our library for an eternity...How many versions of FFX did you buy? At one point I had the PS2, the PS3 remaster, the Vita remaster, and the PS4 version, because there is no backwards compatibility. Now I just have VITA and PC...

You'll find that the PC isn't being abandoned. PCs are killing it as they are so much more versatile. Again, I say that with my PS4 on in front of me. I'm only playing through my backlog so I can sell my PS4pro. I also have the PS3 and Xbox360 beside it...in time, only the PS3 will be there (that was a good system with a lot of exclusives). Not so many exclusives on PS4. Horizon Dawn was solid, but Gran Turismo and this lack of digital PS3 game support has killed any faith I have in SONY to do right. Even they can't explain why VITA, and PS3 games can't be played on far superior hardware...what was the point in the digital investment then. I have my full steam catalog on my desktop and gaming laptop.

I trust MS more than Sony right now, and MS are bringing everything to PC anyway...basically PC is doing fine. Gears of War 4 on PC, was phenomenal!

I agree. With PC, there's no need for 3rd party publishers to even remaster their games on that platform, because once they port their games onto it, it's there forever.

Meanwhile on consoles, they have to do it again & again, because the only way that people are going to play PS3, etc. games again on PS4, is if Sony & 3rd party publishers decides to port their games onto the newest platform. Why? Because Sony are too lazy to even offer native BC for their consoles.

User Info: celebar

celebar
2 months ago#124
Somato posted...
sig

So true
thank you for reading my post
regards, celebar

User Info: Somato

Somato
2 months ago#125
celebar posted...
Somato posted...
sig

So true

don't
ThePandaForest / Premature Tyrant is don_sf / DarKnight_sf

User Info: celebar

celebar
2 months ago#126
Somato posted...
celebar posted...
Somato posted...
sig

So true

don't

I've been telling people he's don for years.
thank you for reading my post
regards, celebar

User Info: Somato

Somato
2 months ago#127
celebar posted...
Somato posted...
celebar posted...
Somato posted...
sig

So true

don't

I've been telling people he's don for years.

k
ThePandaForest / Premature Tyrant is don_sf / DarKnight_sf

User Info: premature tyrant

premature tyrant
2 months ago#128
you're both wrong
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/pandaforest/saved/
- BEST possible gaming PC builds for the $$$ -

User Info: premature tyrant

premature tyrant
2 months ago#129
oh it's @celebar

donny's least entertaining alt
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/pandaforest/saved/
- BEST possible gaming PC builds for the $$$ -

User Info: Hatsune_Miku

Hatsune_Miku
2 months ago#130
You guys figured me out. I am Batman!
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/zRHKHN
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can PC Survive Without Multiplatform Titles?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived