This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can PC Survive Without Multiplatform Titles?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can PC Survive Without Multiplatform Titles?

User Info: Somato

Somato
4 weeks ago#61
SgtFoley posted...
Somato posted...
TheDoctorIsIn posted...
that list is far from complete and it already dwarfs ps4

all of those games scored 75+ on metacritic

hi PT

sig

Hi don. Trying to fool everyone with that sig.

you got me

/rollseyes
ThePandaForest / Premature Tyrant is don_sf / DarKnight_sf

User Info: SilentHawk29

SilentHawk29
4 weeks ago#62
Ivany2008 posted...
yohabroha posted...
Ivany2008 posted...
SilentHawk29 posted...
Aside from Nintendo, what console would make it without multi-platform support?

Pretty much any console. I'm not against multi-platform games, I just think that consoles need to have exclusives to make the console worth purchasing again. Yes, Sony has Infamous and Uncharted, but they need a few more. Same with Microsoft and X-Box.

uhhh what. multiplatforms make up like 85-90% of a console's software sales. how exactly would a console make it without those?

Go back 15 years and say that. There were barely any console multiplatform games back with SNES and Genesis. Even as far as the original Xbox and PS2, there weren't as many multiplatform games. Its all about marketing. If Sony could afford brand exclusives, then it wouldn't need multiplatform games to keep itself alive.

This whole idea of multiplatform games is only recent, maybe 6-7 years back(where it was taken seriously). Truth be told, if Sony took it seriously, they have enough older titles they can reboot and remaster to hold them through the next 2-3 years.

Games take a hell of a lot longer to make than they did in the NES-PS2 Era and quite a bit more money.
Steam - SilentHawk29 || Z170-A, G1 GTX 1080, i5 6600K, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4
My car (on fire): http://i.imgur.com/ZoeZJ1b.jpg

User Info: uptown710

uptown710
4 weeks ago#63
slyman19 posted...
uptown710 posted...
slyman19 posted...
uptown710 posted...
slyman19 posted...
PC gaming is already pretty niche outside of F2P, so even if it lost the big AAA stuff, it will keep on keeping on.

I thought the waffles vs pancake thing was hilarious, but this obviously is the winner.

How exactly is it hilarious? Does the truth hurt? AAA games sell 2X-10X more on console. AAA PC gaming is a niche. F2P PC gaming certainly isn't.

Not sure how many times I gotta ask.

1) what proof do you have that PC gaming is niche?
2) if it was, why are more AAA games being announced for PC?

I honestly can eat both pancakes and waffles. My pancakes gotta be thin and buttery though.

Trouble reading, huh? I find that typical of PC gamers.

It's hilarious because you call truth without any type of hard facts. You literally just keep saying the same thing... baseless conjecture.

Now I'm still waiting for those facts.
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal

User Info: Mr kitty

Mr kitty
4 weeks ago#64
The thread is stupid. It's like asking how PC gaming can survive without any games.

The question is more about if a game company can survive without making multiplatform games.The more they sell, the cheaper it can be sold. There's always a sweet spot for maximum income.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeapGamingMedia

User Info: Ivany2008

Ivany2008
4 weeks ago#65
SilentHawk29 posted...
Ivany2008 posted...
yohabroha posted...
Ivany2008 posted...
SilentHawk29 posted...
Aside from Nintendo, what console would make it without multi-platform support?

Pretty much any console. I'm not against multi-platform games, I just think that consoles need to have exclusives to make the console worth purchasing again. Yes, Sony has Infamous and Uncharted, but they need a few more. Same with Microsoft and X-Box.

uhhh what. multiplatforms make up like 85-90% of a console's software sales. how exactly would a console make it without those?

Go back 15 years and say that. There were barely any console multiplatform games back with SNES and Genesis. Even as far as the original Xbox and PS2, there weren't as many multiplatform games. Its all about marketing. If Sony could afford brand exclusives, then it wouldn't need multiplatform games to keep itself alive.

This whole idea of multiplatform games is only recent, maybe 6-7 years back(where it was taken seriously). Truth be told, if Sony took it seriously, they have enough older titles they can reboot and remaster to hold them through the next 2-3 years.

Games take a hell of a lot longer to make than they did in the NES-PS2 Era and quite a bit more money.

Yeah, but that is due to everyone wanting to make super long detailed games, rather than games that have a great everything but are a bit shorter than normal titles.

I'd rather pay 40 for an amazing 20 hour experience, than pay 80 for a mediocre 40-50 hour experience.

User Info: SilentHawk29

SilentHawk29
4 weeks ago#66
Super long? You have to be screwing with me at this point. Games are shorter now than they've ever been due to costs going up and the games taking longer to make.
Steam - SilentHawk29 || Z170-A, G1 GTX 1080, i5 6600K, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4
My car (on fire): http://i.imgur.com/ZoeZJ1b.jpg

User Info: InnerSpace

InnerSpace
4 weeks ago#67
zhenghan posted...
InnerSpace posted...
zhenghan posted...
TBH nier doesn't need any kind of updates, it works perfectly right now for a lot of users (if not all). if it doesn't work you should update your drivers etc which would fix your issues.

Eh, I'd have to say too many players had to download the FAR mod for that to be entirely accurate

The FAR mod is not required TBH. It lets you lower the global illumination setting, but if you have a powerful graphics card or if you lower your resolution (when you have budget graphics card) it's entirely unneeded. It's like modding, good to have but in no way required.

Most people who speak online about the FAR for Automata spoke about it more like an active hotfix than an optional enhancement

Also, I feel like while some people like to claim certain games' issues are overstated, it should go without saying that reports of issues would not be so widespread and universal if that were the case. I've found most 'this game runs just fine' statements about games usually run on little more than anecdotal assessments
"How many Lowe's would Rob Lowe rob if Rob Lowe could rob Lowe's?"

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
4 weeks ago#68
SilentHawk29 posted...
Super long? You have to be screwing with me at this point. Games are shorter now than they've ever been due to costs going up and the games taking longer to make.

is there a stat for game length decreasing over time?
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: celebar

celebar
3 weeks ago#69
slyman19 posted...
Somato posted...
TheDoctorIsIn posted...
that list is far from complete and it already dwarfs ps4

all of those games scored 75+ on metacritic

hi PT

sig

It's not a surprise that is his alt. No one else can keep regurgitating a s*** list like that.

ikr

It's kind of hilarious that don thinks web browsers and Apple TV are more important gaming platforms than the Nintendo Switch.
thank you for reading my post
regards, celebar

User Info: MoodyHoe

MoodyHoe
3 weeks ago#70
zhenghan posted...
TBH nier doesn't need any kind of updates, it works perfectly right now for a lot of users (if not all). if it doesn't work you should update your drivers etc which would fix your issues.

Work perfectly as in,every 3 players there would be 1 complaining about random crash and s***ty optimization ?
'Anyone can speak Troll,' said Fred dismissively, 'all you have to do is point and grunt.'
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can PC Survive Without Multiplatform Titles?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived