This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can PC Survive Without Multiplatform Titles?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can PC Survive Without Multiplatform Titles?

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
2 months ago#81
Weird, the majority of posts in the topic are about pancakes vs waffles vs pie. Looks like that's what it's about now.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: ThePandaForest

ThePandaForest
2 months ago#82
Did TC just ask if you were deaf?

He must eat pancakes for breakfast smh
Vega Frontier Edition | Titan X Pascal
C32HG70 HDR 144Hz 1ms | Vive VR

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
2 months ago#83
I must be deaf because I can't hear his topic over this slice of toast.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: stav8

stav8
2 months ago#84
Can consoles survive without PCs innovation and taking our exclusives to multiplatform?
NZXT Stormforce 240:16GB DDR4 RAM:Core i5 6600k: GTX 1060 6 GB: 2TB SSHD:2TB HDD:128 GB SSD:AS ROCK Z170 EXTREME 4; CORSAIR 750W: THERMALTAKE 3.0 LIQUID COOLING

User Info: PlayerAnonymous

PlayerAnonymous
2 months ago#85
stav8 posted...
Can consoles survive without PCs innovation and taking our exclusives to multiplatform?

I dont think consoles can even have games without PCs.
"Better part of valor! Better part of valor!"

User Info: SnakePlisken94

SnakePlisken94
2 months ago#86
I wouldn't even have a PC if that was the case
just your typical butthurt basement dweller

User Info: arleas

arleas
2 months ago#87
Perthboy posted...
PC's been dying a slow death for a decade now

You mean "PC has been reported to be dying almost every year since the 1990's"? That much is true... dying a slow death? Not hardly.

Instead it's only gotten MORE popular. You might not like the way it's growing (as evidenced by your comment about early access and kickstarter) but that doesn't mean it's not growing.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: WASPride

WASPride
2 months ago#88
DarkKnight_sf posted...
So as a great PC gamer I and also many here should be worried about the state of PC gaming right now.

Big name developers are giving up on big titles e.g. Neir they stopped updating even though many PC users were asking for it. Arkham Knight was so bad the developers gave people their money back.

Arkham Knight is a fair point but I believe that was a hard lesson learned for the industry as a whole. That whole situation was unprecedented for such a large and anticipated (and traditionally, very PC oriented series). That being said, have you tried playing it recently? It runs like butter in 4K on my 1080 Ti and the only thing I disable is smoke and anti-aliasing. They've made massive improvements to the game to the point where PC is now the best way to play the game. This is in contrast to Arkham Origin. The post release support and bug fixes for that game were actually insulting e.g. "we're too busy making DLC to fix."

NEIR Automata is fixable with a simple mod where it easily becomes the best version of the game. Unfortunately, Japanese developers seem to be far more likely to churn out zero effort PC ports. That being said, NEIR Automata is in the same boat as Dark Souls. Dark Souls did very well on PC and subsequent games haven't had the same issues.

Other than that big games always come out and need weeks and months to fix, sometimes they never get fixed.

In many cases, the console versions are just as unlikely to get fixed. Bethesda games are a great example of this. Not only is it possible to run these better on PC but they get support from the community years into the future. In most if not all cases, even with warts, PC is still the definitive way to experience the vast majority of games with very few exceptions.

This upsets me as one of the greatest PC gamers here. I feel hurt, anger and upset at the same time.

And the worrying thing is we know this will happen with future releases and will be worse as games get bigger.

The multi platform games define PC gaming for me. Lets be honest no one buys Titan X Pascal or GTX 1080 ti to play games like Warcraft or league of legends - so these multi platform games are important.

So can PC survive if more and more big developers give up on PC versions?

If anything, the situation has improved--not gotten worse. And as PC gaming grows in marketshare, as it has been, it will only get better. That being said, this attitude of "release it now--fix it later (or not at all)" is a plague on the industry as a whole.

User Info: WASPride

WASPride
2 months ago#89
TheDoctorIsIn posted...
sony ponies are starving for ps4 exclusives

meanwhile on PC:

age of decadence
age of wonders 3
american truck simulator
ashes of a singularity escalation
battlefleet gothic armada
beginners guide
chaos reborn
civilization 6
company of heroes 2 british forces
day of infamy
endless legend
endless space 2
football manager 2018
galactic civilizations 3
grey goo
grim dawn
hearts of iron 4
heroes of the storm
homeworld deserts of kharak
legend of grimrock 2
offworld trading company
out of the park baseball 18
planet coaster
rising storm 2 vietnam
satellite reign
shadowrun hong kong
sorcerer king rivals
starcraft 2 legacy of the void
steel division normandy 44
stellaris
total war attila
total war warhammer
tyranny
wargame red dragon
warhammer 40000 dawn of war 3

all of these games came out after ps4 launched

I'm a PC stan but I would rather have Bloodborne than every game on that list.

User Info: TheDoctorIsIn

TheDoctorIsIn
2 months ago#90
Congrats on having terrible taste in games, Stan
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can PC Survive Without Multiplatform Titles?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived