This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you going to buy South Park: Fractured but Whole?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Are you going to buy South Park: Fractured but Whole?

User Info: protools1983

protools1983
4 weeks ago#11
gideond posted...
I'll wait until Denuvo is removed and it falls to a reasonable price. I have almost 400 games in backlog. It can wait.

Has Denuvo been confirmed? If so, they just lost a sale.
Glorious 4K PC Master Race
Gamefaqs PCH Discord channel: https://discord.gg/EmPEfdC

User Info: j_coat

j_coat
4 weeks ago#12
This game has uPlay, Denuvo, and if you're buying on Steam, that too. I wonder if they'll make any DRM jokes if you try to play the game without going online.
3DS FC: 4554-0356-4310 Garbodor / Cascoon / Whirlipede-Pokemon XY Safari

User Info: Monopoman

Monopoman
4 weeks ago#13
BMXJouster posted...
Golden_Gonads posted...
Unlikely. I got the first (but haven't played it yet) because it was made by Obsidian, their writing means it should be enjoyable. As they had nothing to do with this sequel... Meh.

Hate to break it to you, but Obsidian had nothing to do with the story or writing in the first game. Everything was written by Trey Parker and Matt Stone, same as this new one. Obsidian only made the game itself.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that Obsidian does great writing and stories, but they weren't involved in that capacity for Stick of Truth.

Yep, part of why the Stick of Truth took so long to come out and got delayed a few times was that Matt and Trey wanted to ensure that the writing was as good as it could be.
BF ID: Birck #1559845599
Leads: Regil, Shion, Blaze

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
4 weeks ago#14
Offtopic but is the first one good aswell? The stick of truth?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hP6BCy
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: Rosencroitz

Rosencroitz
4 weeks ago#15
Terantatek posted...

It's amazing.
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.

User Info: gideond

gideond
4 weeks ago#16
Rosencroitz posted...
Terantatek posted...

It's amazing.

Very good game. I can't say replay value is great though, which is another reason to get them on sale.
http://www.poppameth.com
http://darkling.poppameth.com

User Info: DivineWraith

DivineWraith
4 weeks ago#17
I enjoy the story behind the title. The Fractured Butthole is just wonderful.

User Info: AllHailTheDead6

AllHailTheDead6
4 weeks ago#18
Ill probably be buying it the first week from whoever has it for the cheapest. The first game was excellent. Great turn based rpg, amazing and funny story, it was fairly short but overall still worth the price
Steam ID AllHailTheDead

User Info: Kyle1022

Kyle1022
4 weeks ago#19
Terantatek posted...

It's great. But I played it at launch and didn't buy it until it went on sale. I think I paid $15ish with tax and I didn't mind the purchase at that price. But for $40-60 I would've been mad because it's much too short for that. A 100% playthrough getting all the achievements only took 20ish hours, and I was taking it slow. Great game though.
GTX 980 | i7-4770k @ 4.0 GHz | 16gb RAM
Switch | Wii U | Wii | GC | N64 | SNES | NES | PSTV | PS4 | PS3 | PS2 | PS1 | 360 | N3DS | DSi | GBA | GBC | Vita | PSP

User Info: Code 51 50

Code 51 50
4 weeks ago#20
Built in-house by Ubisoft instead of the previous game, which was done with Obsidian, so they could save some money. Along with Denuvo. No thanks.
Orestes417 - "Do it essentially one handed all the time. Granted, I have had entirely too much practice."
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Are you going to buy South Park: Fractured but Whole?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived